Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2009 21:00

ST2410 HD monitor and Xbox 360

Help

Thinking about buying ST2410 HD monitor.  If I were to hook an XBOX 360 to this monitor via HDMI cord, would the monitor feed XBOX 360 audio out via Audio Out port.  I can't seem to find this information, if the monitor supports HDMI audio.  Thanks!!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 31st, 2009 17:00

All Dell monitors with HDMI and/or DisplayPort should be able to receive video and audio.

1 Message

January 1st, 2010 18:00

Hi!

First of all, happy new year to everyone!

Secondly... I was thinking about purchasing the same monitor for the same purpose (connect ST2410 HD monitor: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1&sku=324819 to my XboX360). As far as I understand, HDMI supports audio and video, so the monitor would receive both signals through the HDMI cable. What  I do not get is if this monitor has any kind of speakers to reproduce the audio... Does it have them? Or do I need to buy them apart from the monitor?

I've seen in the "related products" section that there is some speakers (http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ie&l=en&s=bsd&cs=iebsdt1&sku=520-10704) that could do the work in case I (or we, jestertd and me) need it. Do I need something like that? In case I do, is it enough with that to get audio and video from my xbox to this monitor?

Many thanks for your help.

Best regads,

Diego.

3 Posts

January 3rd, 2010 17:00

Diego, I have confirmed with Dell that the monitor does receive HDMI audio.   That monitor has an Audio Out 3.5mm plug which you could attach Headphones, PC speakers, or via an adapter, RCA audio cables (black,white) for Xbox audio.

1 Message

January 5th, 2010 01:00

Ok great ,so the HDMI sound output can be taken from the audio out plug on the screen.

Just to be sure can someone from Dell confirm this ?

Thx

Thomas

32 Posts

January 6th, 2010 03:00

Yep, once you put a HDMI cable in, most of the new HD monitors will have a 3.5mm jack located somewhere on the screen, if the screen came with no speakers then just buy some cheap speakers for it.

1 Message

January 13th, 2010 08:00

Hello all,

I finally bougth that monitor and it worked perfectly with the XBOX through the HDMI cable, connecting my speakers to the jack output port :D   Many thanks for your help on that.

Just another (and I know, silly) question. Now it is time for me to connect a Wii... after some research, I have seen that the best way to connect a Wii to a monitor (other than a component) is to use VGA. It seems that this one works OK: http://www.mayflash.com/vgabox/vga004/vga004.htm. The point is that they provide a 3.5mm jack connector for connecting it to some speakers.

My intuition says that I could connect this jack to the monitor 3.5mm INPUT, then connect the 3.5mm OUTPUT to my speakers... and voila! I would have the sound on those speakers. Am I right? As I said, sorry if this is a very obvious question... but that cable costs like 40 euros and I wouldn't like to waste that money.

Thanks again,

Diego.

No Events found!