Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 1st, 2010 15:00

Skype problem with Windows 7/ Dell monitor SP2309W

I have recently purchased a new Dell 560 Desktop with Windows 7 and a Dell SP2309W monitor, every time I try to use Skype it connects OK and works fine for a few minutes but then it drops the call and disconnects my internet connection which then takes many attempts get it to reconnect, can anyone help with this problem ( I have the very latest version of Skype installed which is supposed to have resolved any Windows 7 problems)

I have no problems with my Dell Laptop with Vista or my other Dell Desktop with Vista both using Logitech C200 Webcams.

May 1st, 2010 18:00

I'm having a problem with the SP2309 inbuilt microphone and Skype in Windows 7 64-bit.

Shortly after starting a video-call in Skype, the other person says my sound becomes all ''robotic and distorted''.

This only occurs in Windows 7 and not in XP (32-bit).

I've updated Skype but that doesn't fix the problem.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 2nd, 2010 21:00

How does it sound when using the Skype Test Call robot? (find it in your contact list)

May 6th, 2010 13:00

As well as Skype disconnecting the internet I also get the problem you describe with the sound, I have tried all sorts of so called solutions for these problems but no one seems to have an answer to them, I wish I had kept my old computer and monitor as since I purchased my new Dell  Computer and Monitor I have nothing but problems that I can't get resolved.

June 5th, 2010 23:00

I have the same problem.  Initially I didn't install the software, and the receiving skype user would complain about my voice being distorted and robotic.  After installing the included software, the call would start ok but later would become distorted again.

4 Posts

August 11th, 2010 06:00

Has this been solved... I just purchased two of the exact same monitors and they are both having the same problems.  poor video quality and mic sounds bad on other end of skype

used my laptop for skype and no problems on same network and with same skype user on the other end

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 15th, 2010 13:00

Checking into this. It doesn't look like a monitor issue. I think it relates to the PC sound card driver.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2010 01:00

Your right.  I used a logitech camera/mic and I am having the same issue.  When I listen to the mic not using Skype or other Chat program the monitor mic still has a lot of noise.  The Logitech camera sounds much better.  However they both have the same issue when using over skype or google talk.

August 25th, 2010 07:00

To Chris M                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Do you have any suggestions to cure this problem, I have installed the latest driver for my Dell 560 Desktop soundcard but the problem still persists ( speech becoming robotic after a few minutes on Skype)

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

August 27th, 2010 15:00

So far, no. I cannot find a fix for this. To me, the fault lies with the sound card driver. It would be interesting if you had a different sound card to test.

1 Message

April 1st, 2011 12:00

I also have a Dell SP2309W but with a different brand computer using Win 7 64 bit. I am experiencing the same problem with the sound starting out well in Skype and then going robotic and garbled after a few minutes. It happens every time! My internet connection speed and computer processor far exceed Skype requirements. I called up my computer manufacturer and am told my sound card is fine because I have no problems playing music. The problem must be the Dell SP2309W since that is what I have in common with everyone else. What can cause the SP2309W to malfunction after a few minutes of use? This is really quite frustrating!

No Events found!