Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 30th, 2006 05:00

Strange problem using dual 2407wfp monitors in sleep mode

I recently setup two Dell 2407wfp monitors. I am using a windows xp based machine with a 7800GT Nvidia GeForce card. The card has one DVI connector and one VGA connector so one of my monitors uses dvi and the other is using vga. When power save mode is enabled in windows, the dvi-based monitor behaves normally and shuts down to a blank screen, but the VGA-based monitor displays the bouncing notification box that says there is no VGA cable attached.

Has anyone come across this problem before? I have updated my windows, monitor and video card drivers. HELP, its really annoying!

Also, while I have your attention..
I am noticing another weird behavior which may be related?! When I try to adjust the contrast on the dvi-based monitor, the option is not there! The VGA-based monitor will allow me to adjust it, but the option is just simply missing on the VGA one. Whats up?!

Thanks for any replies..

Message Edited by Subw00er on 12-30-200601:53 AM

1K Posts

December 30th, 2006 12:00

See your user guide linked here.

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

If monitor will not enter power saving mode, do the following:
  • Move mouse or hit any key on the keyboard on the computer or  activate video player,  then access the OSD to set  Audio to off state.

As far as Contrast adjustment, in DVI mode this is automatic, and not an adjustable option.

3 Posts

December 31st, 2006 03:00

Thanks for the reply. That didnt seem to work - I still have the box. FWIW, it was already on "no audio". I did try swapping the setting to "on, but that didnt work. Any other ideas?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 1st, 2007 00:00

All,

The Power Scheme- Turn off monitor does work with both DVI and VGA as long as the Monitor listing in the Device Manager list 2407WFP. If it list Default Monitor or Plug and Play Monitor, the Power Scheme- Turn off monitor function does not work. If you want the 2407WFP to appear in the Device Manager instead of the Default Monitor or Plug and Play, load the 2407WFP driver.

3 Posts

January 2nd, 2007 01:00

I have the driver set up correctly as dell wfp2407 (analog).

Any other ideas?!?! Help! :)
No Events found!