Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2014 13:00

U2211H: Need original warranty text (smoky, fried monitor)

After less than 42 months of service, my U2211H has smoked, fried, and died. The invoice stated a 3-year warranty period, but I am unable to locate the original warranty and I cannot find the warranty text online. Dell phone support was unhelpful, pointing me to the PDF online manual I had already found which does not include warranty information. Does anybody know where I can track down the full warranty text for this monitor?

Serial #: CN-0XVV58-74445-07F-513L

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 18th, 2014 21:00

jcompton,

That serial number is not attached to any Dell warranty, order number or customer number. All it tells us is that the monitor was manufactured on July 15, 2010. If you purchased it directly from Dell, then there is a order number tied to your name, address, etc. Contact Order Support. Ask them to look up your information used when ordering the monitor (full name, shipping address, phone). By doing this they will be able to see the order number and can then verify the purchase date.

2 Posts

February 18th, 2014 22:00

The<ADMIN NOTE: Order number removed as per privacy policy> . I provided it when I called, they kept pointing me to the support.dell.com link which contains the product manual, which does not include the warranty text.

I know that the Dell warranty has expired. But in order to get my credit card company to honor its automatic extended warranty, I must provide the complete text of the manufacturer's (Dell's) warranty. So I would like to obtain that text, please.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 19th, 2014 07:00

The private order number was removed by the Forum software. Send it to me via a private message. Click my username.

No Events found!