Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2009 17:00

U2410 Rev A01 eta?

Does anyone from dell have an ETA for the Ultrasharp U2410 rev a01?

It seems it would be wise to wait for the new rev. But i'm really interested in this screen :emotion-2:

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 2nd, 2009 06:00

Will ask in thursdays meeting.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 3rd, 2009 13:00

No news yet. Several emails have gone out asking.

77 Posts

Thanks for the quick response. I would really like to have this monitor ready for Christmas if possible... Seems like time is running out for the fix to be out by then.

77 Posts

Any update? I am also ready to buy this monitor, but not until Rev A01 is released.

Thank you

5 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 16:00

I'm also (patiently?) awaiting a response on this. Also, will there be any change with the green/pink issue on A01, or just the dithering grain?

Thanks.

62 Posts

December 4th, 2009 00:00

I'm also (patiently?) awaiting a response on this. Also, will there be any change with the green/pink issue on A01, or just the dithering grain?

Thanks.

This is my personal opinion; I don't think there will be any change to the green/pink issue, you'll definately find a fix for the dithering in the sRGB and AdobeRGB modes and some fixes on the capacitive buttons sensitivity, probably some little tweaks for the color presets STANDARD/GAME etc. and whatever else DELL found from their own testing/production issues.

Don't expect too much, hardware cycles are quite long, these issues have only been found in  the last 2-3 months, I bet they are probably concentrating on rev A02 right now, A01 is just in testing stages with no more features/enhancements allowed to be added to it.

The green/pink issue would need some new electronic in order to be addressed, that to me sounds like a U2411-U2412 monitor LED backlit.

6 Posts

December 4th, 2009 05:00

So that means, Dell Germany also nows about the fix/firmware and it should be possible to get my U2410 flashed with it there?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 4th, 2009 05:00

The fix was in place on November 20 for the sRGB dithering. Even though the fix was put to all in the factory and hubs, the label may not have been changed.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 4th, 2009 06:00

You cannot get yours flashed and returned to you. All you can do is get an exchange.

77 Posts

December 4th, 2009 11:00

Wait... Does this mean the fix is now in all monitors and it is safe to order????

Also you say the label may not be changed... does this go for brand new monitors as well or will the new ones say A01?

I was under the impression that dithering occured under sRGB and one other mode. Is it fixed for all modes?

Thanks!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 4th, 2009 12:00

Wait... Does this mean the fix is now in all monitors and it is safe to order????
* That is my understanding.

Also you say the label may not be changed... does this go for brand new monitors as well or will the new ones say A01?
* I really do not know about the label. I just know they are fixed.

I was under the impression that dithering occured under sRGB and one other mode. Is it fixed for all modes?
* The dithering was fixed in Adobe RGB and sRGB modes.

77 Posts

December 4th, 2009 15:00

Thanks for the response.

I am interested in purchasing one of these monitors from the official Dell ebay store because the price is slightly cheaper. If I order from there am I guaranteed a monitor that has the problem fixed?

If this is true and I receive one with the problem will my exchange still be a new monitor because I was supposed to get one with the fix? Thank you.

1 Message

December 4th, 2009 23:00

Hello, I'm a customer in Hong Kong. Just got a defective 2408WFP but since the model is discontinued I am interested to get U2410 as replacement. Can anyone confirm the tint & dithering problems have been solved on the current production? Is Rev A01 officially released now so that I can receive an new unit with the fix?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 5th, 2009 22:00

I have no idea where the ebay store gets their stock. I would not be surprised if they had older inventory that was not reved up.

77 Posts

December 6th, 2009 00:00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320458662200

Item location says that it ships straight from the Dell factory. Shouldn't that be the same thing?

Is there any way I can get that same price and free shipping without using the eBay store..since the eBay store is part of Dell?

I am ready to order now. Just wanted one with the product fixed and decent price.

Thanks

No Events found!