Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

Closed

6 Posts

February 23rd, 2019 08:00

U2412M, Input Source switch, via buttons

Hello, what is the fastest way to switch input without having to navigate Menu>InputSource>(input) (5-6 button clicks)? An old locked discussion exists but solutions look outdated: https://www.dell.com/community/Monitors/U2412M-input-switching/td-p/3660747 Best way would be to have an hardware button, maybe to add a long press, any firmware update for that? Software solution would be acceptable but still not the best way to do it. Thank you.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

February 24th, 2019 11:00

Great find. Have updated my post to reflect.

See pictures below from the online U2412M User's Guide OSD (On Screen Display). Page 36, Personalize allows you to change Buttons 1/2 shortcut keys to Input Source (DP/DVI/VGA) =

Capture.JPG

February 25th, 2019 10:00

Thank you for replying.

After digging around, I found and tested to be working a software solution that I can bind to a macro or a .bat to double click. I'll just leave it here so maybe someone can reuse it for this specific monitor or for whatever other monitor he may like. The free software ClickMonitorDDC 6 is needed that can be downloaded here.

The command line to execute for example to activate the DisplayPort input on a PC is:

C:\ClickMonitorDDC_6_0\ClickMonitorDDC_6_0.exe 0FF1234567890 s DisplayPort1

Where 0FF1234567890 must be replaced with the exact serial number of your monitor. The program let identify the monitor by name, serial number or other ways, serial number is the safest since it's unique. Me having twos identical U2412M decided to opt for that selection method. Serial number is displayed in the program after clicking one of its icons and hovering the cursor over the monitor in the list of detected monitors. Maybe it's also displayed behind the monitor itself but I didn't check. To switch to other inputs in this monitor can be used DVI1 or VGA1 in place of DisplayPort1 in the command line above.

I don't take responsibility if something bad happens at your monitor using this method, program is free and famous thought, but I cannot guarantee 100% since I just discovered it.

March 22nd, 2019 02:00

Okay I should scatter ashes on my head.

Today I just discovered that this monitor DOES have the capability to customize the buttons and to bind them to a single source switching.

Setup:

IMG_20190322_101329.jpg

Usage by pressing the buttons:

IMG_20190322_101310.jpg

Problem solved!

1 Message

March 15th, 2021 13:00

Nice.  This worked on my 34" monitor as well.

No Events found!