Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 17th, 2013 20:00

U2412M revisions

Hello Chris:
I have a similar question as the one posted here but mine is regarding the Panel Revision Numbers for this Monitor U2412M
I read the forums, some of your post and when I called DELL I was also told by the sale representative the advantages of buying directly from DELL instead of a third party seller, specially since I'm located at US.

From one of the post:
The product sits in their warehouses getting old. Before too long, they have older revisions A00 while we are shipping A03. (Just examples)

I asked the sales representative what panel I would received and he mentioned me that they do not have control over that (which is understandable) but that I will be receiving the latest panel since the old ones were not longer available.

A few days later I received my monitor and to my surprise the Revision Panel is A00 which is the first generation of this panel. I also noticed that the manufacture date of the monitor is November 2013 which does not correlate to the latest revision of the panel being used. My co-worker has the same monitor he purchased in 2012 and his monitor has Revision Number A02.

After receiving the monitors I called at your Sales representative, then I was transferred to Customer Care, then Technical Support and back to Sales representative and no one could tell me the latest revision panel for this monitor, a supervisor mentioned me that he sees different revision numbers but does not know which revision is the newer one or if there are manufacture dates associated with these revision numbers to know if there is a sequence on them (thinking in A00 will be first quarter of 2011, A01 second quarter of 2011 and so on) 
They were able to specify the latest revision as A06 but for the DELL u2713hm monitor

As a side note I was looking to get a second monitor to have a dual setup but is there a way to ensure to get the same revision numbers (the latest one) of this monitor if I purchase them together?

I will appreciate if you can clarify the Panel Revision Number for this monitor U2412M and provide me with more details.
Thanks for your help and time

Sincerely

Paul

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ref post:

Why all U2312HM and U2412M monitors reverted to the most bugged A00 revision?
http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19520870.aspx

Faulty U2412M replaced by a U2412Mb. What does "b" stand for?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19459306.aspx

Color differences in the newer U2412m

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19470288.aspx

Reasons you should not buy a Dell monitor from a reseller!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19531096.aspx

December 17th, 2013 20:00

Ok, but as calmdq said, it makes no sence that Dell goes back to Rev 00 from Rev 06. Why would Dell do that? Wouldn't they want to keep producing the best version of this monitor so the customers would be happy?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 18th, 2013 06:00

calmdq,

There is no way to "pick and choose" a panel revision. You simply get the next one in the queue. I have not received any information from the displays team concerning hardware changes in the U2412M line. What is the monitor serial PPID number of your A00/November 2013?

5 Posts

December 18th, 2013 09:00

Chris,

Here is the information I see at the monitor:

I received my second monitor for my dual setup but I have not open it. The box on the second monitor says:

DP/N 0YMYH1
S/N: CN-0YMYH1-74261-3AT-205S
REV A00
Manufactured date: October 2013

I see that you are at Round Rock, Texas, Do you have a phone# where I can reach you?

Thanks

5 Posts

December 18th, 2013 13:00

I'm sorry, but that does not make sense, if the latest reported revision number is the A05 for this monitor and an internal component was changed that should be rename it to a later revision, say A06, or A05v2, something that will make it unique, not again A00.
According to the logic you mentioned me, How do you differentiate the first generation A00 with the new generation with an internal component changed A00?

Why an older revision model is being sold?

Am I missing something or misunderstanding your comment?

Please let me know your feedback
Thanks again for your help and time

Paul

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 18th, 2013 13:00

No phone. Because they were manufactured in October and November 2013, they have to be newer than the reported A05s. I think the label A00 is either incorrect or that they changed an internal component which meant starting over at A00.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 18th, 2013 15:00

if the latest reported revision number is the A05 for this monitor and an internal component was changed that should be rename it to a later revision, say A06, or A05v2, something that will make it unique, not again A00.
* Nope. Different hardware means we start over at A00. Different firmware or software, A05, A06, etc.

According to the logic you mentioned me, How do you differentiate the first generation A00 with the new generation with an internal component changed A00?
* By the date in the serial number.

5 Posts

December 18th, 2013 21:00

OK, thanks. I'm trying to understand if I got a new monitor with an older or refurbished panel inside since the first generation A00 did have some issues that were expressed on multiple web sites and forums.

From your answers:

* Nope. Different hardware means we start over at A00. Different firmware or software, A05, A06, etc.
OK so to understand this, from your clarification it seems that a hardware was changed and that is why you started over again at revision number A00. If that is the case, Is there something that I can tell by the Serial Number or that DP/N number?

* By the date in the serial number.
According to the serial number I got on this monitor I believe that the 3 characters "3B5" will tell me the exact date of manufatured

3B5 = 2013-November-5

Is that correct?

Thanks again for your help

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

December 19th, 2013 06:00

Correct.

5 Posts

December 19th, 2013 10:00

Thanks. What about the first section of the questions?

OK so to understand this, from your clarification it seems that a hardware was changed and that is why you started over again at revision number A00. If that is the case, Is there something that I can tell by the Serial Number or that DP/N number?

How can I tell that?

Thanks 

No Events found!