Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 29th, 2014 04:00

U2413, Audio noise coming from monitors headphone jack.

I'm having audio noise coming from the U2413 monitor headphone jack.  My setup includes the following: XPS 15 laptop connected to the monitor with DisplayPort cable,  and last standard headphones connected to the monitor.  The noise sounds like if the gain is all the way up.  I'll have no audio running from the computer and still hear static noise.  I'll hear the audio Noise cut out only when I disconnect the video cable.  I have tried the DisplayPort and HDMI cables and still have the same results.  Both cables that i know of are well insulated.  Is their a setting in the monitor that would get rid of this noise? 

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 29th, 2014 11:00

The Users' Guide, page 9 states,
"Audio Out = Connect the soundbar mini stereo plug"
"NOTE: Headphone usage is not supported for the audio line out connector."

That port is designed to be used with the Dell soundbar speakers or some other speakers. You should plug your headphones into the computer audio out jack.

2 Posts

October 29th, 2014 15:00

OK will do! Thanks

2 Posts

October 6th, 2017 20:00

Hello,

I have the same problem using the dell sound bar.

As an electrical Engineer I don't see how the use of a headphone could make any difference.

Some components in this display model are probably aging and need most likely to be replaced.

In my humble opinion this loos like a design flaw which should be covered by the Dell warranty

as this is a rather high end display. I would appreciate feedback from a Dell representative.

My two cents,

Gilles van Ruymbeke

2 Posts

October 6th, 2017 20:00

Hello,

I have the same problem using the dell sound bar.

As an electrical Engineer I don't see how the use of a headphone could make any difference.

Some components in this display model are probably aging and need most likely to be replaced.

In my humble opinion this loos like a design flaw which should be covered by the Dell warranty

as this is a rather high end display. I would appreciate feedback from a Dell representative.

My two cents,

Gilles

No Events found!