Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 5th, 2014 09:00

U2414H - Audio Output from HDMI source?

Hi

Looking for someone with a Dell U2414H and maybe even a PS4 (or any HDMI device) to confirm something for me. I've been looking into getting myself one for use with a PS4 but have heard conflicting reports about the audio output port on the U2414H. I wanted to hook up PS4 via HDMI to the U2414H and then connect a pair of speakers to the audio output. However, I've been told the audio output port only outputs audio supplied to the monitor via the USB, Sounds odd to me but i've not been able to find anywhere to confirm that it outputs the audio from the HDMI ports too. Thanks a lot for any help. I hope i've just been misinformed as would love to order one.

2 Posts

September 1st, 2014 22:00

Sorry, I did mean to come back here and update this. I had someone else confirm it for me elsewhere so went ahead and bought one. I can definitely confirm that whatever audio is going into the hdmi port will come out of the 3.5mm audio port on the monitor. Well ps3 at least as that's all I've used with it.

1 Message

September 1st, 2014 16:00

Did you already find out if it works or not, because I would like to do the same thing.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 2nd, 2014 06:00

Thanks for confirming this. The Audio-Line out should be able to transmit audio from HDMI, mDP, DP sources. There is one notation in the User's Guide,
Audio-Line out = Connect your speakers*
*Headphone usage is not supported for the audio line out connector
You may need to make sure your audio source sound is set to the video output you are using.

No Events found!