Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2016 08:00

U2414H, Dual, Latitude E6540, E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicator

I have a few Latitude E6540 laptops with E-Port Plus Advanced Port Replicators connected to dual U2414H monitors and have had nothing but issues.  I have tried daisy chaining them, tried using separate DP to mDP cables, used separate DP to DP cables...   I am having the roughest time getting them both to work and not have one go black shortly after.

There has been screen flicker or it just acts like there is no signal coming from the computer/docking station.  If I unplug the cable, I get the 'no cable connected' message, once I plug a cable in - nothing.  It doesn't show both monitors in screen settings, just one shows up most of the time and sometimes will get the generic show up as well.

Any ideas??  Help?!?!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 20th, 2016 09:00

What are all of the model and part numbers on the E-Port? Not all of them can do DP 1.2 daisy chain.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 20th, 2016 10:00

In theory that should work, but I need to know what specific video out ports you are using from the dock. Are you using straight cables or are adapters thrown into the mix.

January 20th, 2016 10:00

I will check later today as I will be onsite.  I already read about the daisy chaining issues which is why I tried connecting to each individual port on the docking station.

Any ideas on this issue while using 2 direct connections from the dock to each monitor?

No Events found!