Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2017 18:00

U2414H Second Display Issue on Wake from Sleep

Windows 10

MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G

2 Dell U2414H monitors daisy chained using DP1.2

I'm having an issue where the second monitor in the daisy-chain doesn't come back on when the computer returns from sleep.  The monitor states that there is no display input.  The first monitor (connected directly to the GFX card) comes on no problem.  Sometimes the second monitor is extremely delayed, sometimes it comes on while still  at the windows login screen, sometimes after having logged in, most the time it will not come back on at all.  

Powering off the second monitor and powering it back on often fixes the issue but is a pain and moves all my icons to the first screen.  

Windows and the graphics card sees that there are 2 monitors and is trying to display on both.  I can grab windows off the monitor that won't power back on and slide them to the one that is working correctly.

All drivers and patches are as up to date as possible as of today (3/3/17) including Windows, GFX card, and Dell monitors (just reinstalled).

My graphics card only has one display port and part of the reason I purchased these monitors is for the DP1.2 daisy-chain feature.  

I do have them set up to act as separate displays.  I use windows split screen a lot view 4 documents at once, so using the software to make the 2 displays work as one extra wide one would not suit my needs.

To me, it seems like an issue with the display and not windows or the GFX.  Any help to correct this would be much appreciated!

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

March 6th, 2017 10:00

For both U2414H, what are the 20 digit serial numbers and A0x revisions?

Current setup =

GTX 970 DP out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #1 U2414H mDP in (DP 1.2 Enabled)
#1 U2414H DP out --> U2414H DP to mDP cable --> #2 U2414H mDP in (DP 1.2 DISabled)

Things to test =

(1) Swap the U2414H so that #2 is #1 in the daisy chain.

(2) Use a 3rd party DP to DP cable
GTX 970 DP out --> 3rd party DP to DP cable --> #1 U2414H DP in (DP 1.2 Enabled)
#1 U2414H DP out --> 3rd party DP to DP cable --> #2 U2414H DP in (DP 1.2 DISabled)

No Events found!