Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 12th, 2016 13:00

U2417H, Surface Pro, blinking

Posted this in another thread, however saw that many people are having issues with blinking monitors and haven't seen a solution yet. Hardware, Software? Cables? The way it's set up? What mind boggles me that posts about this issue seem to 1-2 years old and no real answer. Anyway, here is my problem, purchased two new on the market U2417H last week with the intent to daisy chain per specs. Both blink about every 2 (Monitor 2) to 5 minutes (Monitor 3) intermittently, not very regular intervals, but often enough to be very annoying. The blink is about 1 second long on each monitor. Everything else seems fine. I extend not duplicate. When turning off MST, it only duplicates.

Specs:

Monitor 1 and computer/Tablet:
MS Surface Pro 3 with i5-4300 CPU @ 1.90ghz 2.50ghz, 4gb ram, 64 bit OS
MS states it supports DP1.2 and MST.
The Surface Pro 3 only has one mDP out port, I have no docking station, but the specs again say it's all good and should work just fine.
set up to extend primary monitor
all set to their recommended resolutions
Windows 10 Pro v1511

Monitors 2 + 3
Dell U2417H, connected with Dell supplied cables (that came in the box with the monitors):

Tablet to Monitor 2: mDP out to DP in (Monitor 2 set to MST on, all other settings factory default).
Monitor 2 to Monitor 3: DP out to mDP in (Monitor 3 set to default facotory settings, but also had it on MST on and same issues)

Hope someone could provide some insight.

Thank you.

3 Posts

August 30th, 2016 07:00

I have the same issue and I'm using optiplex towers with no customization after purchase.

I had the same issue on my 2x U2414Hb and now on my new 2xU2417H monitors.

They randomly blink when chained.

Very annoying to say the least.

I can't see this being software for one second, it has to be monitor hardware issue in my option.

3 Posts

August 30th, 2016 09:00

Quick update, on one PC I tried to go to the onboard card rather than the ATI that it came with and it's still happening.

11 Posts

September 1st, 2016 10:00

Hi Chris, in another thread you posted this is no longer a MS Surface Pro issue and it is indeed a Dell issue. We should all ask for a new Monitor exchange. Yes? You said the new monitors will be available mid-October? So we shouldn't ask until then?

Could you post this here as well with perhaps a little more info? thanks.

11 Posts

December 10th, 2016 07:00

Hi Chris, on this post below you suggest that we all should replace our montors to get the fixed A02 revision. Yes? Should that solve my issue? This my first post in this thread. thanks. Appreciated.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19679328

To address the blinking issue, a new exchange (not a used exchange) must be setup to get the fixed A02 revision. These should be available in mid-October. Apologies for the long wait!

Read this for exchange instructions. In my FAQ, just ignore the part about new and used exchange policy. Be sure to point out to the Technical Support person that I stated new, not used.

No Events found!