Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2016 12:00

U2417H with E7440 on an E-Port Replicator Issues

I followed the "read this first" post instructions and some other basic troubleshooting but I can't quite figure out what the problem is. The setup seems pretty basic. Latitude E7440 on a E-Port with a displayport connection to the U2417H. Just a point to note, I was using a P2214 before this using DVI and everything worked fine.

Symptoms

• When the computer goes to sleep, the monitor will frequently not wake up and prevent me from working until I turn off the monitor and turn it back on.
  • The monitor regularly flickers at random intervals.
  • Infrequently the monitor will get stuck "refreshing" as if it's trying to adjust display settings until I turn it off and back on.

Steps so far:

• I flat out couldn't get the monitor to work through the dock until I turned MST on. It worked on the displayport on the laptop directly.
  • I've switched out the dock for a new USB 3.0 compatible one. No change.
  • I've turned off DDC/CI  but that doesn't seem to do much in regards to my problem.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 14th, 2016 07:00

When the computer goes to sleep, the monitor will frequently not wake up and prevent me from working until I turn off the monitor and turn it back on.

* When you tell the laptop to restart, does the dock + U2417H work?
* When you tell the laptop to power off, then turn on, does the dock + U2417H work?

4 Posts

September 14th, 2016 09:00

It turns out the computer is not staying a sleep state, it is actually waking up but the U2417H is not turning on. I use the U2417H as my primary display and on Windows 10 the second display remains black until you log in. I was able to log in without display and both restart and fully shut down the computer. Both times the computer comes up fine but the U2417H stays in it's "sleep" state.

Thank you

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 14th, 2016 22:00

When the dock is removed and the U2417H is connected directly to the Latitude E7440, does it have the issue when restarting the Latitude E7440? What about when powering off and on the Latitude E7440? If not, that points to the dock as the culprit and not the Latitude E7440 or the U2417H. By the way, what is the 20 digit serial and A0x revision of the U2417H?

4 Posts

September 15th, 2016 12:00

I did as you suggested and removed the computer from the dock and used a mini DP to DP cable to connect directly to the monitor. The intermittent flickering has continued but I haven't had the monitor get stuck in "sleep" mode. I may have just not walked away from it long enough though. The continuing flicker tells me the problem is probably not with the dock. Especially since the dock is the second dock I have been working with.

The serial number for the monitor is: CN-0XVNNT-74445-675-DAGL-A01

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 15th, 2016 16:00

To address the blinking issue, a new exchange (not a used exchange) must be setup to get the fixed A02 revision. Read this for exchange instructions. In my FAQ, just ignore the part about new and used exchange policy. Be sure to point out to the Technical Support person that I stated new, not used.

4 Posts

September 15th, 2016 16:00

Thank you for your help. I've called it in and gotten a dispatch number. This was my first time using Dell community to get an issue resolved. Great experience!

No Events found!