Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 11th, 2013 14:00

U2711 Warranty Replacement...

I've just bought a Dell U2711 screen - it arrived Wednesday (9th Jan 2013). It was purchased from a Dell re-seller, so the original ship date of the screen was 20th September 2012. The screen had a fault - after about an hour the left side became distorted. I contacted the seller who recommended I went straight to Dell to get a warranty replacement. Spoke with Dell who confirmed the screen was at fault and they arranged to send a replacement. Replacement was sent and arrived today (11th Jan 2013). Excellent service so far.

The original screen was built July 2012 and was revision A13. The replacement screen has a build date of July 2010 and is revision A12. Also, the original screen had the calibration certificate and looked great - and the replacement screen does not. In fact the replacement screen colours were so bad that I had to reset them to defaults and then play with the settings to get something half decent - not very scientific!

Is this normal? I can't say I'm thrilled that my 'new' screen is now 2.5 years old already. I know the warranty will transfer, but at the end of the 3 yr warranty, instead of being 3.5 years old, it will be 5.5 years - quite a difference. That's obviously going to reflect significantly in its future value.

What are my options? Can I reject the replacement and ask for a like for like model?

Thanks!

106 Posts

January 18th, 2013 13:00

Problem solved. Replacement going back to Dell, original going back to supplier....

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

January 14th, 2013 07:00

Nicks-Inspi,

Dell Policy Concerning Monitor Exchanges -
* If the exchange is setup inside the first 90 days from the Dell invoice date, the replacement will be New
* If the exchange is setup outside of the first 90 days from the Dell invoice date, the replacement will be Refurbished
* By our definition, "Refurbished like for like" means we would replace a U2711 with a U2711. But we cannot choose a specific panel revision or firmware revision to be shipped when issuing an exchange

106 Posts

January 14th, 2013 09:00

I understand that the replacement is refurbished - my issue is with the fact it's already 2.5 years old and clearly wasn't calibrated. I would argue that it isn't a like for like screen.

No Events found!