Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 8th, 2014 08:00

U2713HM will not start up?

After a power cut, my DELL monitor will not start up again. What can I do?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 9th, 2014 10:00

* Disconnect every cable from the bottom and side of the monitor (including the power cord)
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet, then to the bottom of the monitor
* Power on the monitor

If it powers on, the monitor is fine. Look to the video card or video card cabling as the culprit. If it does not turn on, contact Dell Technical Support for your country to arrange a like for like monitor exchange

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 8th, 2014 09:00

Explain in detail, "power cut". Was the monitor power cord plugged into a surge protector?

* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear/bottom of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord
* Attempt to power on the monitor. What appears on the display?

12 Posts

May 8th, 2014 10:00

Nothing happend.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 8th, 2014 15:00

Explain in detail, "power cut".

Was the monitor power cord plugged into a surge protector?

12 Posts

May 8th, 2014 22:00

I don't know what a surge projector is, but no. The power cord was just connected to the ordinairy power supply.

12 Posts

May 8th, 2014 23:00

And of course my computer: Macbook Pro.

12 Posts

May 9th, 2014 05:00

Maybe I should tell the whole history:

I had turned off both the monitor and the computer. Since the weather forecast said heavy thunder, I pulled out the plug from the wall and the power supply. Later the same day I forgot that I had pulled out the plug and turned on the computer. But when I saw that the monitor did not start up, I then replaced the plug in the wall  and tried to turn on the monitor. But with no result. In an ealier post I have explained the power cut in detail. My monitor seems completely dead. I can not turn it on, and I can not use the menu, the self test and so on.

12 Posts

May 9th, 2014 10:00

Yes! Now it turned on. Thanks a lot!

1 Message

April 18th, 2017 22:00

These steps fixed my similar issue as well. Thanks for the easy troubleshooting Dell! :)

No Events found!