Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 27th, 2014 04:00

U2713HM, yellowing

Hi,

I'm posting here as a last resort because for the last 5 months I have had no help from support. Escalation managers told me that my screens are working fine and there is nothing wrong. I'd like a fresh pair of eyes to look at my issue.

I have 2 monitors. One of them is more yellow when looking at whites. The other is perfect.

Model: U2713HM
Screen #1 S/N: CN-07JNY5-74445-3BH-315S  (Nov 2013) REV A00 (Samsung Panel)
Screen #2 S/N: CN-07JNY5-74445-43I-A8AL (Mar 2014) REV A00 (LG Panel)

CPU: i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz, 
Onboard GPU Ports: HDMI, Display Port, DVI-I, VGA
GPU: Gigabyte GV-R795WF3-3GD 7950 - Ports: 1x DL-DVI, 1xDisplay Port, 2x mini Display Port
Cables: Dell DL-DVI in one and Dell Display to mini in the other. 
Resolution: 2560 x 1440 @ 60hz
Preset Mode: Standard
ICC Profile: DELL U2713HM Colour Profile, D65 (Default)

Issue:
Screen 1 looks more yellow when looking a white image or webpage. I have swapped cables, tried different cables and again tested on my on board GPU. Screen 1 remains yellow no matter what I change. I purchased the monitors almost 6 months apart so I only noticed when I put the two side by side.
I have been sent 3 refurbished replacement screens already. 2 were worse 1 was actually pretty good. Would have kept it if it wasn't for the constant flickering. 

Kind regards,
Chris

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

September 29th, 2014 07:00

Management over there were correct. Technically, the monitor is in warranty specifications. We cannot guarantee that monitor A will look exactly like same model monitor B. You need to purchase some calibration hardware and software and calibrate them to match each other.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2014 07:00

Thanks Chris.

I don't think I should have to spend more money to get the monitor calibrated. Especially when I see this on the product page.

"Accurate color right out of the box: Carefully color calibrated at the factory"

If I was only told this from the start I would have had a chance to go for a refund. Instead I was given the run around by Support and management.

OK, Lets say I purchase this calibration tool and I cant get them exactly the same, will Dell refund me for the tool as well as my screen? 

Regards,
Chris

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 8th, 2014 14:00

When they are calibrated at the factory, they are calibrated to that specific monitor according to baseline restrictions in our contract with them. They are not compared to other monitors on the line. No, Dell will not refund you for the Tool. In fact, once outside of the first 30 days from the Dell invoice date, you cannot get a refund on the monitor. After 30 days, all the warranty entitles you to is monitor exchanges.

4 Posts

October 24th, 2014 18:00

So I purchased the Spyder 4 and I still cant get these to match...now I'm out another $100

You also need to understand I have 2 different panels here. LG and Samsung.

Anyway I can see Dell is not interested, so I will use my 3 years premium panel swap service until I am happy.

January 8th, 2015 20:00

Hi,

I have the same issue here. My U2713HM monitor is very yellow.

I swap 4 new ones from Dell but they all have this issue. The quality is even much worse than U2412 one.

Could any one tell me how to solve this? I bought Spyder4elite and tried but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Giang Anh

4 Posts

January 8th, 2015 21:00

Hi,

I have the same issue here. My U2713HM monitor is very yellow.

I swap 4 new ones from Dell but they all have this issue. The quality is even much worse than U2412 one.

Could any one tell me how to solve this? I bought Spyder4elite and tried but it didn't work.

Thanks,

Giang Anh

It's a real shame Dell isn't acknowledging this issue. This is what you get with such a big company.

Just keep getting replacement screens until you receive one that matches is better. You have 3 years worth of replacements. 

-Chris

January 8th, 2015 22:00

This is the 5th one. I will wait 1-2 months so that they have new set in Vietnam.

No Events found!