Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 28th, 2021 20:00

XPS 8930, U2719D, no signal from device

I have a Dell U2719D monitor which has been giving me the same problem for quite some time, but now it has rendered itself completely unusable. 

I have both and HDMI cable and a DP cable, so I've tried both. No matter what I do, I always get the following errors:

With HDMI cable: "No HDMI signal from your device. Press any key on keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up.". The HDMI cable is new, connected properly, I both press the keyboard and move the mouse. I get no response. 

With DP cable: "No DP signal from your device." - The cable is properly connected. I've tried multiple times.

I cannot get the monitor to connect to my Dell PC. It is insanely frustrating to the point where I may have to buy a new monitor if I cannot fix it. I've tried shutting down, disconnecting power, pulling out all cords. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Community Manager

• 

2.3K Posts

September 3rd, 2021 07:00

Update on this one, service was set up and replaced the motherboard and GPU. 

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

July 28th, 2021 21:00

RESET monitor to factory settings

Both ports can not be faulty at the same time. So it's a bad monitor. 

Prior calling tech support for a replacement, try a different PC/Laptop 

3 Posts

July 29th, 2021 06:00

I tried plugging in my wife's laptop into the monitor. It worked immediately - no issues at all. The monitor clearly works. There is something wrong with the connection to my Dell PC. It might be the PC that is the issue? 

3 Posts

July 29th, 2021 07:00

I have a Dell XPS 8930 running on Windows 10. 

Graphics card: NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5

GPU: 9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 9700 (8-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.7GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)

My wife's laptop is a Macbook Air so she's on Mac OS. 

Last comment which was confirmation of the issue: My wife has exactly the same monitor as me (U2719D). I attempted to connect her monitor to the computer using both the HDMI and DP cord - no luck, same error. That seemed to clue everyone in that if both monitors were working but they couldn't connect to my desktop computer, the issue might've been with the computer. I will follow up with confirmation as a technician is being dispatched, just in case someone else has to deal with this issue. 

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

July 29th, 2021 07:00

* What is your PC model?
* What GPU/video card is in your PC?
* List all of the GPU/video card video out ports
* What operating system?

As a troubleshooting comparison with the working laptop =
* What is your wife's laptop model?
* What GPU/video card is in her laptop?
* List all of the GPU/video card video out ports
* What operating system?

• 

16.8K Posts

July 29th, 2021 08:00

Tirolean,

Yes, let us know the update when the technician arrives.

Dell-Jesse L

• 

16.8K Posts

August 2nd, 2021 11:00

Tirolean,

Following up with you to let you know that the technician should be contacting you on 8-5-2021.

Dell-Jesse L

5 Practitioner

• 

2.4K Posts

August 2nd, 2021 12:00

I hope they have dispatched both motherboard and GPU. 

• 

25.1K Posts

August 11th, 2021 07:00

Hi Tirolean, we haven't heard from you since our last conversation. We will proceed towards archiving the case in the next 24 hours. Kindly reach out if you need further assistance.

1 Message

August 5th, 2023 03:00

What's the solution????

No Events found!