AG101
1 Copper

U3011 Black Screen

Does anyone know if 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19285583?pi23185=6

Also solves the U3011 Random blank black screen problem? 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
11 Replies

RE: U3011 Black Screen

I have not seen any users trying that on the U3011. Just a guess, but it might be easier to replace the inverter board to see if it fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
AG101
1 Copper

Hi Chris,

Is the inverter board where the C806 capacitor is? My problem with the U3011 is exactly as described for the E228WFP monitor in: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/peripherals/f/3529/t/19285583?pi23185=1

Would you know if there is an equivalent capacitor in the U3011, and where that might be located? Thank you!

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I do not know the data you need. We do not disassemble them so I am simply going off what users have posted.

0 Kudos
AG101
1 Copper

None of the local computer repair shops seem to do that either. It was an expensive monitor, and it lasted just past the 3 year warranty! A search on the web, shows that quite a few other people also have the same problem, and mostly shortly after the warranty expires!

boe_d
1 Nickel

Same issue

darrankelinske
1 Copper

U3011, Black Screen

I am having an issue where my u3011 monitor screen will go black and not work again until I completely unplug the monitor and plug it back in. Very similar to this issue:

www.youtube.com/watch

Has anyone found a fix for this?

Thank you!

0 Kudos

RE: U3011, Black Screen

By disconnecting the power cable and reconnecting it, you are doing a hard reset of the U3011. So some internal component could be overheating and then failing. Because we do not repair monitors, I have no idea what that component may be. One thing to test would be to disconnect the USB upstream cable from the U3011. Only have one video cable connected to the U3011. Then retest.

0 Kudos
Onezambia
1 Copper

Why does DELL not provide instructions on how to repair this when there is obviously a fault with the design?

0 Kudos
Onezambia
1 Copper

Great, just happened to my second monitor... It's one thing to force customers to pay to repair but for that not even to be an option for a $2k+ device is . At least let customers know how to repair the item so they can repair it themselves!

0 Kudos