Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 3rd, 2015 14:00

U3415W, DP to mDP don't work

Hello,

I' ve just bought a monitor Dell U3415W. I have a PC with an AMD Radeon 290.

If i plug an HDMI cable to  the monitor, no problem (but games run very sluggish, maybe because of the 50Hz refresh rate, or maybe lower).

If I plug an mDP cable to the monitor (the original mDP cable found in the box), the display flashes (screen disappears then appears randomly and very often, but games run smoothly).

If I plug a DP cable to the monitor, it doesn't show anything and goes in "energy saving mode". I have to reboot my pc in "safe mode" to see the screen again.

I've tried all AMD Drivers available.

If i install the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" drivers, all the cables (HDMI, mDP, DP) seem to work fine (but obviously, no games will run with those kind of drivers).

What can I do? :)

Thanks

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

February 4th, 2015 11:00

We tested using the Dell OEM AMD Radeon R9 290x, driver version 14.301.1001.0. All test passed. By default, DP 1.2 is turned on. You should test with DP 1.2 off. Only ONE video cable should be connected to the monitor at a time.

Assuming the AMD Radeon 290 has full size DP...

* Turn the computer off
* Turn the U3415W off
* Disconnect the HDMI to HDMI cable and the DP to DP cable from both the computer and the U3415W
* Setup in this way =
Computer AMD Radeon 290 DP out --> Dell DP to mDP cable --> U3414W mDP in
* Turn the computer on, then the U3415W
* Press the Menu OSD (On Screen Display) button
* Choose Input Source
* Select mDP
* Press and hold in the Menu (center) button for 8 seconds
* The DisplayPort configuration message will appear
* Choose Disable
* Exit the OSD

Troubleshooting issues with your U3415W
http://www.dell.com/support/article/SLN295763/en

February 4th, 2015 16:00

Thank You very much!

I've connected mDP cable and disabled DP 1.2 as You suggested: now everything works fine! :)

Thanks again! :)

No Events found!