Start a Conversation

Unsolved

BS

1 Message

February 10th, 2019 08:00

U3415W, firmware updater won't recognize monitor

I'm having the issue with the monitor flickering and sometimes going all black for a short period of time.  I disabled the DisplayPort 1.2 setting and that made it better, but still not good. I found the "Dell U3415W Monitor Firmware Update" utility and the description sounded exactly like what I was experiencing, but when I run it, it will not recognize my monitor. I have tried the hard reset of the monitor, and I have done a factory reset of the monitor. I have the USB upstream cable connected, and have no other USB cables connected to the monitor.

Video cable connections I have tried:

PC: ATI RX 580 DP out -> DP to DP cable -> U3415W DP in
PC: ATI RX 580 DP out -> DP to mDP cable -> U3415W mDP in

I have tried connecting the monitor with a DP to DP cable and with a mDP to DP cable.  I have tried doing the same on a different computer. It always says "Not Detected" in the Model No and the Current Firmware of the update utility. The puzzling thing is that I downloaded the Dell Display Manager utility, and when I run it, it shows "Dell U3415W" as the display just fine. I am using the Dell monitor drivers for Windows (running on Windows 10 Pro, freshly installed). The driver properties show that I'm using the Dell driver dated 9/11/2014 v1.0.0.0 and shows the correct monitor model. Isn't it strange that the DDM and the drivers can identify the model just fine, but the firmware updater can not?  Anything else I can try?

Thanks,
Brad

No Responses!
No Events found!