Solved!

Go to Solution

May 16th, 2014 18:00

UP2414Q - Unable to access menu

Model: UP2414Q
S/N: CN-06X55C-74445-410-5211
Rev: A00 (Jan 2014)
GPU: GTX 670
Input: DisplayPort (using standard DP cable, not the provided mini-DP to DP)

So, I just received this monitor and am unable to access the menu - which is particularly problematic as I can't enable DP 1.2 and am stuck at 30hz.

When trying to press any of the menu buttons, the bottom one always lights up (this corresponds to 'Exit'). I've tried holding down the exit button for 10-20 seconds (which apparently unlocks the menu), before and after a power cycle, but the problem persists.

I am able to access the test/diagnostic screen, by holding down the menu button and the top button, but that is the only thing I seem to be able to access. I'm not sure if the menu is locked or not, as there is no visual indicator on the screen. The other elements from the OSD do seem to work, such as the icon indicating what input is currently being used and the sleep mode notification.

Is there something simple I am overlooking here, or will I need to send it back?

1 Message

July 27th, 2018 21:00

This fixed my problem with my screen! thanks much!!!

* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear/bottom of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord
* Power on the monitor. Retest the monitor

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 16th, 2014 23:00

Try holding in the #4 Menu button for 20 seconds.

4 Posts

May 17th, 2014 09:00

Unfortunately, there was no change. The Exit button still lights up while holding in the Menu button, and it fades after about 5 seconds. I also tried holding in the other buttons for 20 seconds without any results, as well as holding in the Menu button on the test/diagnostic screen. I noticed that in this mode, the Exit button is always lit up, but nothing else seems different.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2014 13:00

It was this way out of the box? Purchased NEW directly from Dell?
* While the computer is on and the monitor is connected to the computer video card, turn off the monitor
* Disconnect the monitor power cord from the rear/bottom of the monitor
* Press and hold in the monitor power button for 8 seconds
* Reconnect the power cord
* Power on the monitor. Retest the monitor

4 Posts

May 17th, 2014 17:00

Yes, it is indeed a new monitor, ordered directly from Dell. Has not worked since taking it out of the box.

I just tried these steps and unfortunately, no change. I noticed another potentially relevant thing while troubleshooting - the power button light flickers in standby/power save mode. It looks like it's supposed to fade in and out. Perhaps there's some sort of wiring issue preventing the buttons from working correctly?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

May 17th, 2014 22:00

Get it replaced. Read this.

No Events found!