rebop18
1 Copper

UP2516D Adobe RGB Preset

Just ordered a UP2516D montior and have two questions:

1. Does this require installing a driver in either Win 7 or Win 10? ICC profiles?

2. For best photo editing in Lightroom and Photoshop I assume I choose the Adobe RGB preset, yes?

Appreciate the advice.

~Bob

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: UP2516D Adobe RGB Preset

Advanced users such as a photographer will want to calibrate the monitor to their subjective specifications using additional calibration hardware (colorimeter) and software. We validated the UP2516D with our DUCCS (Dell Ultrasharp Color Calibration Solution) software and the X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter.

You should read through the following =

How do I use the X-Rite i1Display Pro to color calibrate my monitor?

DUCCS User's Guide

UP2516D User's Guide

You should install the UP2516D Windows driver which should enable the ICC.

0 Kudos
rebop18
1 Copper

Thanks Chris. 

Fully understand on calibration. But until i have time and cash to buy a colorimeter, is aRGB the preferred choice? And then, I see no instructions for installing and using the driver. Before or after the monitor is connected? And then how to configure for both Win 7 and Win 10? 

I will review your links again. But appreciate a bit more details.

~Bob

0 Kudos

If both computers at the same time are connected to a single UP2516D, read the User's Guide page 27, 29, 37. They discuss the usage of the Input Source. Once connected, you have to install the driver on each computer. Then, you should test photo editing using all of the Preset Modes Color Space page 40 to find the best one for your work =
Adobe RGB
sRGB
Rec 709
DCI-P3

0 Kudos