2 Iron

RE: UP3214Q - issues with #1, #2 (replacement) and #3 (replacement)

Quick update for those following this thread. Bert Park, Vice President and General Manager of Global Displays and Client Peripherals, and the Dell Executive Customer Support Team both reached out to me early this week. I'm glad to see that there's some movement on these issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

For our notes, I need you to send the following data to me via a private message (click my username, then click "Send a Private Message")....

Monitor 1 service tag number, serial PPID number, dispatch number

Monitor 2 service tag number, serial PPID number, dispatch number

Monitor 3 service tag number, serial PPID number

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

There is some confusion here concerning what constitutes a Bright Dot sub-pixel defect.

(1) The windows desktop must be all black
(2) If you see a stuck red, green, or blue sub-pixel on the all black windows desktop, it is a Bright Dot sub-pixel defect
(3) If you do not see a stuck red, green, or blue sub-pixel on the all black windows desktop, than what you have is a Dark Dot sub-pixel defect

One or more Bright Dot sub-pixel defect justifies a monitor exchange.

Six or more Dark Dot sub-pixel defect justifies a replacement monitor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Iron

For our notes, I need you to send the following data to me via a private message (click my username, then click "Send a Private Message")....

I've already taken care of this issue through corporate - I'll be returning the display for a full refund. Do you still need this information?

There is some confusion here concerning what constitutes a Bright Dot sub-pixel defect.

(1) The windows desktop must be all black
(2) If you see a stuck red, green, or blue sub-pixel on the all black windows desktop, it is a Bright Dot sub-pixel defect
(3) If you do not see a stuck red, green, or blue sub-pixel on the all black windows desktop, than what you have is a Dark Dot sub-pixel defect

One or more Bright Dot sub-pixel defect justifies a monitor exchange.

Six or more Dark Dot sub-pixel defect justifies a replacement monitor.

I'm well aware of Dell's pixel policy and there's no confusion, on this end, as to what constitutes a dead or bright pixel. The pictures I've provided speak for themselves and were enough for Dell corporate. Per my above comment I'll be returning the display for a full refund.

Thank you for your assistance through this process DELL-Chris M.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sure. We can try to capture them.

0 Kudos