Start a Conversation

Unsolved

M

1 Message

May 18th, 2018 18:00

UP3216Q, Spyder4 Pro Color, calibration

I just purchased a dell UP3216Q. I color calibrated it with a Spyder4 Pro right away. Unfortunately, the results at the end showed that the monitor only displays 73% of AdobeRGB. This is of course a big difference between the advertised 99.5% AdobeRGB. Did I do something wrong? Is my monitor faulty? I bought this monitor specifically for color accuracy in the AdobeRGB space, so this worries me.

Regards,

MarioScreen Shot 2018-05-18 at 4.26.16 PM.png

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

May 19th, 2018 09:00

Unknown about the Spyder4 Pro results. You should ask on their Support site to see if your calibration was correct.

* Was this purchased new directly from Dell?
* What is the 20 digit S/N number and A0x revision?
* For my notes, send me via Private Message the monitor service tag number

In the UP3216Q box, you should have received the manufacturer Factory Calibration report. What did it say for AdobeRGB?

Dell uses the following for calibration =
* X-Rite i1 Display Pro colorimeter
* Dell/X-Rite calibration software

1 Rookie

• 

719 Posts

May 19th, 2018 13:00

The problem's name is "Spyder4".

Spyders are not able to measure widegamut LEDs. Since your colorimeter is not accurate at all with these monitors' backlight, your claims are not based in actual facts.

My advice is to buy an i1DisplayPro

EDIT:
Actually, it could be your fault, not your colorimeter's fault. ~7x % AdobeRGB is close to the intersection of a sRGB-like gamut and AdobeRGB.
That means that you may have measured it in an sRGB mode or sRGB calibration in CAL1/CAL2, or that you are running a system wide faulty color management engine like OSX itself (or that you enable EDID gamut emulation to sRGB in AMD graphics card control panel in Windows, hint: DO NOT disable "color temperature" feature in AMD's control panel if that is your situation).
Check all these possible issues. If config is OK then get an i1DisplayPro and measure your monitor properly.

No Events found!