Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

June 14th, 2008 08:00

WFP 2408: Audio out don't work with HDMI and PS3

Hello,

I connect my PS3 with the 2408 flat screen over a HDMI 1.3 cable. The video works perfect, bat I get no sound over the audio output on the connector of the flat screen. I use a headphone witch works with other sound sources like my PC. Also I tested the PS3 and the HDMI cable on another flat screen. There were no problem with the sound and video. 

I can deduce therefore, that the HDMI cable, the PS3 and the headphone haven't no error. 

If I configure the sound option on the PS3 in connection with the 2408 flat screen, the PS3 show me always the same error message: "This HDMI device cannot be used for audio output".

Can someone help me please.

Many thanks

Thomas 

June 18th, 2008 14:00

I don't have (yet) a PS3.

But do you have the Sound Bar AX501 ?

I think you need it to get sound from HDMI but not sure.

June 19th, 2008 19:00

Thanks for your hint. I don't have the sound bar because the specification of the flat screen wfp 2408 don't describe the requirements of this device. I copy the summary of the web site from the wfp 2408. 

" ... Full HD 1080p – Supports higher definition than HD television and a wide array of HD connection options like HDMI, Display Port, DVI-D with HDCP and HDMI 2.1 Audio Out. ..."

(source http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Monitors/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-6272 )

I bought the 2408 in the assuming that my headphones will be work.  

For two days ago I asked the technical support without any solutions so far.

I would be grateful for any ideas.

June 26th, 2008 17:00

Hi folks,

many thanks for your help. Yesterday I got a new flat screen from dell. The audio output works perfect with the new one.

Now I enjoy the gaming with my PS3.  :smileyvery-happy: 

1 Message

October 25th, 2008 17:00

I have the same problem with my ps3 +2408 wfp..tried various techniques to solve it

Speakers are logotech x230 2.1 channel http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16836121123  Yes, speakers ARE plugged into the monitor's audio out port.

1. 5 second button hold on ps3 to auto detect display settings

2. turn on off monitor ( i hear the speaker make a *bamf* sound just as i hit the monitor power on button)

3.  used monitor menu/other settings/power save audio ON (I even tried OFF)

Any other solution? I would hate to return my otherwise awesome monitor... =(  Just too much of a hassle. Please help.

No Events found!