Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 15th, 2006 05:00

how to adjust aspect ratio on dell e207 widescreen?

im using the new e207fp widescreen monitor with an ATI x800xt radeon......some games i play dont support widescreen, and thus looks really bad stretched in 16:9 mode.  Is there any way to switch to 4:3 "normal" mode on this widescreen monitor?  i called Dell support and they dont seem to have a clue (they push the problem onto ATI)...there is no option in my OSD to change the ratio either....im connected via DVI btw

i've also switched from 1680x1050 to "normal" 1024x768, but my screen is still stretched.  I've also tried checking and unchecking the "scale image to panel size" option under the ATI radeon settings, but still dont work

any ideas?  

November 17th, 2006 05:00

I don't have the answer for you, because I have an NVIDIA card, but changing the driver settings for my card did it. There was an option to maintain the aspect ratio when scaling lower resolutions. Thus, in World of Warcraft, for a standard resolution, it displays black bars on the left and right sides. There must be a similar option with the latest ATI drivers.

Message Edited by mazda_charles on 11-17-200601:58 AM

November 18th, 2006 06:00

You would have to find a 1:1 or aspect setting or force a resolution.
Try monitor OSD if it has one, try ATI video control panel custom settings if it has that and try in game to force correct aspects.

If none of those, maybe someone else knows :)

1 Message

March 14th, 2007 13:00

We are having a similar problem with the Optiplex GX240 that came with a 32mb ATI Rage 128 Ultra video card.   We plug in a new E207FP and when we choose to lower the res to 1024, pics are stretch and distorted.  Will not display at the higher res at all.  Short of changing the video card, are there any ideas?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

March 15th, 2007 03:00

All,

Open the Ati Catalyst Control Center, click Digital Panel Properties. Insert a dot to Use Centered Timings.
No Events found!