Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 1st, 2010 06:00

no video signal during boot on DVI 1 or DVI 2 with 2709 W

Dell has changed my 2709 w after a display problem , with the new one there is no signal video at the boot on DVI 1 or DVI 2 , but when i'm at the windows Home,the monitor is on. Under Windows 7 the monitor is recognised as a Dell 2709 "Analog" ?????? , but with no signal video during the boot i can't go in the BIOS , it's impossible to modify the config .

But if i Use the HDMI connection, i've no problem , video signal is ready during BIOS en the monitor is known as DELL 2709 "HDMI"

Any idea about this disfonctionement ?

Sorry for my poor english.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 1st, 2010 07:00

Do the PC video card DVI outs work on another monitor?

* Power off the PC
* Power off the monitor
* Disconnect the power cord from the monitor
* Disconnect all monitor cords from the PC (USB, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, HDMI, etc.)
* While disconnected, press and hold the monitor power button down for 5 seconds
* Reconnect the DVI cord to the monitor and to the PC video card
* Reconnect the power cord to the monitor
* Power on the monitor if it does not power on by itself
* Power on the PC
* Press the monitor Input Source Select button and choose DVI. What happens?

4 Posts

October 1st, 2010 08:00

I have no other monitor, but I have an other Graphic Card ( Nvidia GTX 260 ) . When i came back home, i'm working now, I'll tried your solution , and if it's not good , i Change the CG with the GTX 260.

Thank you for your help

4 Posts

October 2nd, 2010 04:00

I've tried your solution without result, i've also reset my Graphic card always the same thing. I've tried two others Craphic cards :Leadtek 260 GTX and Gainward GT 240 and like my gigabyte 470 GTX I've no vidéo signal at the boot. I've bought a new DVI cord , and tried with it and always the same.

What can I do , the HDMI connexion is effective, an Other exchange ?

Thank you for your answer

4 Posts

October 5th, 2010 02:00

No news from you , perhaps can you send me a DVI-D Dual Link cable (Dell part NG032)?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 5th, 2010 06:00

cptluke

If your in the Americas, I need the following in a private message. Click my username, click Send Message -
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
PC Service Tag number:
Reason/Issue: DVI-D Dual Link cable NG032

No Events found!