Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2016 09:00

Backup up data from a location with no Networker agent installed.

Networker 8.2.1.4

DataDomain backup target

IBM AS400 storage backup source.

Hello all,

We have a large file share, that receives imaging scans from all over the country/globe. This share points to a storage array connected to our as400. The only way I access this information is via unc path \\server\share\folders. I can map a drive to it, and have full "modify" access to that data. However, since this is the only way I can access this data, and its on an as400/IBM device, there is no client to install.

What is the best method for trying to back up this data, if all I have is full access to \\server\share\folders? Do I need to map a drive to \\server\share\folders, and try to figure out how to make Networker back up through a mapped drive, or should I create a mount, pointing to \\server\share\folders, and try to force Networker to back up across the mount? This data is currently being backed up by Netbackup, so I'm sure Networker will do the same thing, but the set up is significantly different.

Thank you!

Todd  

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

August 10th, 2016 11:00

Oh, and yes.....I am aware that there is zero support for as400 with Networker. as400 really has nothing to do with it. Just need to know how to back up the data in the path, without being able to install an agent, or use NDMP.

2 Intern

• 

146 Posts

August 24th, 2016 07:00

Got this worked out. In my case, the jobs would not run unless I have "VSS:*=off" in the client properties under 'save operation'.

No Events found!