Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 2nd, 2009 23:00

Compatibility matrix between NetWorker versions

Hello,

I'm looking for a compatibility matrix och similiar if it exists (can seem to find any) for which versions of NetWorker that are compatible between each other.

For example I'm looking for information if NetWorker Client 7.4.5 can be used as a client to a NetWorker Server 7.6. I have an old Windows 2000 Server with SQL 7.0 that needs SQL module 5.1.1 for SQL 7.0 and SQL module 5.1.1 kan only be used on a NetWorker client 7.4.5. I need to know if that still can be backuped to a NetWorker Server 7.6.

Many thanks,

Johan Ljunggren

150 Posts

December 3rd, 2009 00:00

Yes you can back up these clients without any issue.

2K Posts

December 3rd, 2009 02:00

You have a Information Protection Compatibility Guide on powerlink for this information, please download and use as a reference.

December 3rd, 2009 03:00

Hello,

Did download and look at the new release of that document that included Networker 7.6, before I asked the question, but could only see reference on which OS a specific NetWorker version would run, not if NetWorker 7.4.5 is compatible with NetWorker 7.6.

Please point me too the correct page if I'm wrong.

Thanks,

Johan Ljunggren

2K Posts

December 3rd, 2009 03:00

Generally previous release/version clients are supported on current version servers. You need to make sure that the old version is EMC Supported and in your case 7.4.5 is supported. If something is not supported, it is mentioned in notes there.

Similarly for modules, all older client versions are supported. If not or with any specific config, it is mentioned in the notes section on the page.

Release notes for each specific version and module might have some more details on these.    

December 3rd, 2009 04:00

I have read the Release Notes for both versions and I can't find anything say that 7.4.5 won't work on 7.6. But I haven't seen anything saying that it does either. So with your statment "Generally previous release/version clients are supported on current version servers." and that I haven't found anything stating otherwise I will give it a go.

December 3rd, 2009 23:00

There is actually a compatibility matrix, NetWorker Version Compatibility, see https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg83215.

Not yet updated with NetWorker 7.6, hopefully it will be.

7 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 09:00

This might be a long shot.

We have a NW 6.1.4 Server. Can it backup 7.6 clients w/ SQL? I will be using 5.2.1 MS SQL module.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Kev

No Events found!