Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2010 10:00

DR Networker

We have RPA ( Replicate Point ) to replicate the nsr database lun from the Prod Networker Server to the D/R networker server. 

The D/R networker server has a different name and IP address.I can work around this by following the DR guide from EMC.

The questions I have :

1) If I bring up networker in the D/R ( ofcourse after shutting down the Prod one ), will the auth codes get disabled on both ( Prod and D/R )

2) Also if am ok there, will I be able to perform client restores ?

Thanks

123 Posts

September 1st, 2010 10:00

Hi Paramesh

1) If I bring up networker in the D/R ( ofcourse after shutting down the Prod one ), will the auth codes get disabled on both ( Prod and D/R )

Ans: The auth code wont work with the new hardware as the hostid of the server is different.

2) Also if am ok there, will I be able to perform client restores ?

Ans: Yes you will be able to perform recovery.

Regards,

Arun

2 Posts

September 1st, 2010 11:00

Thanks for your quick response !

1) I agree with you. But if you look at the DR guide, I follow the same steps where I delete the old networker server name occurrences using nsradmin and copy its clientid ( Prod server ) and create a new client ( paste this clientid here ) . Now this new server takes over the ownership of all savesets that the original server had previously. - Networker does come up fine !

2) Regarding the client restore - I was able to do it the first time, but when I attempted the 2nd time, it said " 53362:recover: Cannot start session with server ntw1-dre-1: client `IP Address` is not properly configured on the NetWorker Server

Appreciate any comments on these !

Thanks

736 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 00:00

Hi,

You might want to have a read of this forum post where Bill explains composite hostid's for Disaster Recovery with Networker.

https://community.emc.com/message/460588

-Bobby

2K Posts

September 2nd, 2010 00:00

This appears to be a resolution issue. Are the client and server resoruces and host files configured proeprly?

123 Posts

September 2nd, 2010 04:00

Hi Paramesh,

For the first question, you can refer the document suggested by Bobby.The error you got is related to name resolution. Check nslookup, aliases and hosts file.

Regards,

Arun

No Events found!