Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2011 08:00

Data Domain concurrent session limits

I know this is NW online, but I guess that is the closest I could get to DD.  For some reason there is no forum for DD and using my.datadomain.com drove me crazy so I will try my luck here.

I wish to find what is the max number of read, write and total concurrent sessions for DD 510, 610, 690 and 880.  I did find this information in release notes for 5.0 where applied to 860 and 890, but obviously I have something else.  My DDOS is 4.9.2.0, but release notes do not contain data I look for.  Any mercyful soul from EMC (or other) who could address my query?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

May 13th, 2011 04:00

Hi, Mark here from DD Support. I can help you find what you need. Let me get back to you or email you directly with documentation you're seeking.

You make a good point that there's no DD Community forum here as well. I'll start the conversation here to see if we can make one for Data Domain users.

14.3K Posts

May 15th, 2011 04:00

Hi Mark,

I was able to get a data in the meantime. Having DD forum would be great.

Cheers,

H

34 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 11:00

The way I solve it:

configure a dummy client in the Backup System Sizer tool that you use to size Data Domain systems. There you can see these things and upon selecting another DD, the values change... a bit of a workaround but it does the trick.

14.3K Posts

June 1st, 2011 04:00

I was not aware of that tool (I do not use presales stuff), but it looks interesting.

No Events found!