Highlighted
PKPhu
2 Iron

EMC Networker GLR for exchange, sql, sharepoint need license?

Hi all,

Feature Granular Level Recovery in EMC Networker need license or not?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
gautamgp
3 Argentium

Re: EMC Networker GLR for exchange, sql, sharepoint need license?

Which version of NetWorker and what level of Granularity are you looking for ?

0 Kudos
PKPhu
2 Iron

Networker 9.0.1, what is granular level? i use NVSS 9.0.1. Please explane clearly! thanks!

0 Kudos
SurajPujari
3 Argentium

If you want to use Item point for recovery purpose then you require a license as far as I remember, legacy recovery using MAPI CDO is also supported.

PKPhu
2 Iron

Thanks, all

0 Kudos
ElanC
2 Iron

I just happen to see the query.  NMM 9.0.1ship's with EMC ItemPoint and customers need NOT buy any extra license for EMC ItemPoint as it is licensed by capacity.

0 Kudos
KarthikS
2 Bronze

Thank you for the good news ElanC , if we use NMM 9.0.1. and higher version then we dont need any additional LIC for the GLR and we can just start the recover using NMM GUI ?

0 Kudos
KarthikS
2 Bronze

I still see the below in NMM 9.0.1 and i think the document is not updated yet and the one i refered was released in july 2016 and info is as below ,

GLR for Exchange Server—To perform GLR for Exchange, use the Granular level recovery tab in the NetWorker User for Microsoft GUI and the EMC ItemPoint for Exchange software .

EMCitempoint license is not needed anymore and we can just try GLR from NMm GUI when the backup is in AFD/DD ?

0 Kudos
ElanC
2 Iron

Please see my inputs inline with keyword "ELN:"

>>>EMCitempoint license is not needed anymore and we can just try GLR from NMm GUI when the backup is in AFD/DD ?

ELN: Yes. NMM does the mounting of a backup part.  You need to launch EMC ItemPoint for SP or Exchange to peform the GLR.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Elango C

KarthikS
2 Bronze

thanks Elango .