Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 24th, 2005 07:00

Error messages on Networker User Interface

Customer see a red pop messages on his User Interface.
Here what is in there:

SYS:NSR\BIN\NETWORKR.NLM: On decoding the credential: the authentication credential was corrupted, the checksums do not match

I find nothing for this error message.

11 Posts

November 28th, 2005 09:00

I asked a legato support person about that error already, and it is a known bug. The error doesn't cause any problems, just clear it and move on. It wasn't considered a show stopper, but expect it to be fixed in the next release.

724 Posts

November 24th, 2005 09:00

Is this message on a specific client, every client, or in the server? If you log with another user on the same machine, do you have the same problem?

If re-installing the client is not a pain, I would suggest trying that. Also, I found the Support Note 58404, but don't know if it could help, but you could try that.

I have no better ideas at this moment.

100 Posts

November 25th, 2005 15:00

* Is this message on a specific client, every client, or in the server?

all novell netware networker clients with version 7.2 ...

* If you log with another user on the same machine, do you have the same problem?

the problem is shown while watching the console via rconj, where is only the superuser account available...

* If re-installing the client is not a pain, I would suggest trying that.

we have reinstalled a client with Patch LGTpa81861, we will monitor issue on this client ...

100 Posts

November 28th, 2005 03:00

We for sure had with the 4.22 netware networker client, the problem, that we lost the connection to the networker server and had to reastablish the communication. So the issue means the same, "lost connection to networker server" ??

The isue messages is also present, when networker server was for sure not rebooted (or the /etc/init.d/networker stop/start sequence was initiated

You don't have to load networkr.nlm on all NetWare clients!

May be, but if we like to ...

Is this message on a specific client, every client, or in the server?

all novell netware networker clients with version 7.2 ...

If you log with another user on the same machine, do you Have the same problem?

the problem is shown while watching the console via rconj, where is only the superuser account available...

If re-installing the client is not a pain, I would suggest trying that.

we have reinstalled a client with Patch LGTpa81861, we will monitor issue on this client ...

And the 1$ Question is, is this error messages critical or not?

Message was edited by: mg115301

100 Posts

November 29th, 2005 01:00

Thanks for helping!
No Events found!