Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 18th, 2010 00:00

Error on all operations .....

Hello,

I receive the following error if i try to do anything operation : Operation : "inventory"; operation slots: "2"; Jukebox `HP@10.0.0 is unavailable. Operation ìnitialize elements status' is in progress.

If i look on the Librairie properties i see that the option "Ready" is not enable ... can you help me ?

Kind regards

Pascal

56 Posts

August 18th, 2010 01:00

Hello Pascal,

First try to resolve this issue by setting autoeject on (turn on diagnostic view,  Jukebox properties, Advance tab) if the jukebox supports this.

If this didnt do the trick , so you have to follow the below steps :

1- Launch the command nsrjb -HENvvv , and if this command failed, try the next.

2- Reset library (see his display and leds, does display show any error or message?).

3-  When the library has loaded successfully, then you can reset Backup  Server, in this way, the Backup Server is going to detect the library  when it loads.

4- Launch nsrjb -HENvvv

5 - Launch nsrjb -Ivvv

If the actions are correct, then you can try mount and labeled the volumes.

Please mention here the output of the commands with the error messages you received to investigate more if this solution didnt solve the problem.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

56 Posts

August 18th, 2010 01:00

Sorry , i forgot to mention that this problem is mainly caused by a media which is stucked or damaged , You can check your drivers if they respond to the Mount or Unmount operations or not.

If you extract this media that is stucked and causing the problem , the issue will be solved.

Anyway try the steps in my previous post and i am waiting the outputs.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

August 18th, 2010 04:00

Pascal

Is there anything that has happened prior to this issue that may be connected?  What steps have you taken to resolve this problem?

Regards

David

56 Posts

August 22nd, 2010 01:00

Hello Pascal,

Did you try the procedures i had provided to you before in this post ? if so please update me with the status now , if you had fixed the problem or not ?

If not please put the commands outputs to investigate more for the causes of your issue.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

No Events found!