Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 22nd, 2018 05:00

Failing to clone savesets

Hello Everyone,

I am cloning some savesets from datadomain to lto tapes. At Clone job details, I am seeing some of the savesets as running and failed at the same time (see picture).

Has anyone experienced this? Also, does anyone has experience with some of the savesets failing to clone and some cloning to lto tape without problems?

Any idea is appreciated.

networker error.JPG.jpg

2.4K Posts

January 24th, 2018 07:00

May I suggest you clone the save set manually and add some verbosity to the process:

nsrclone -S -b ....

We clone since years from DD to LTO5 w/o problems. We are using scripted cloning though.

2.4K Posts

January 22nd, 2018 07:00

Please verify the ssid & cloneid with mminfo.

It might be that the clone process might have been failed and retried.

10 Posts

January 23rd, 2018 06:00

I did. Savesets are not cloned.

I am seeing lot's of errors like this in the full log:

nsrd: Invalid mmd reservation request: unable to find reserved mmd session id = 6.

nsrrecopy: ERROR - do_nsr_rstart failed.

nsrrecopy: Cannot start recover with server.

10 Posts

January 26th, 2018 00:00

Cloning through CLI with nsrclone worked without problems. Strange. Thanks for the good tip. It seems I will need to use CLI instead of GUI.

1 Rookie

• 

69 Posts

March 22nd, 2023 03:00

Can you give me clone  script 

March 27th, 2023 03:00

replying to a post from 5 years ago?

Many environments are way too customized to have a script to be applied to everything. You have to decide what the clone rules are supposed to be, for example keeping the same retention or not.

We for one are more and more switching to a simple approach by cloning all data in a certain pool, instead of picking up data from specific clients or other filters.

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/networker/nw_p_nwadmin_19.8/cloning-save-sets-from-the-command-prompt-with-filters?guid=guid-eb6c5f7a-a300-4d09-a0b4-3b4c02b7383f&lang=en-us

older KB article:
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000085125?lang=en

So work from the way you would want to clone (based on what filters), towards a way of how to achieve just that.

No Events found!