louis_thierry
2 Bronze

File index error: permission denied, `root' on `sonl01cms08pr.global.aes.com' must have remote access privilege to client sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com.

Hi community,

I have a client NetWorker 7.4 Red Hat Linux 4.5 64-bit. I want to save it on my server NetWorker 7.4 sp2 Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise.

when I run the backup, the following error message appears:

" File index error: permission denied, `root' on `sonl01cms08pr.global.aes.com' must have remote access privilege to client sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com."

Plaese, somebody can help me to overcome this difficulty?

Kings regards

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vishwanathkrish
3 Silver

Re: File index error: permission denied, `root' on `sonl01cms08pr.global.aes.com' must have remote access privilege to client sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com.

Hello Louis,

Try performing the following steps on the client machine . 

1.   Remove the client's shortname from the loopback entry in the /etc/hosts file.

2.Rename nsr/res/nsrladb on the client and restart Networker services.

One more thing, Networker version 7.4 is  no more supported , so upgrade  networker version to the latest version

Regards,

Vishwanath

CarlosRojas
4 Germanium

Re: File index error: permission denied, `root' on `sonl01cms08pr.global.aes.com' must have remote access privilege to client sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com.

Hi Louis,

This means that user "Root" on server "sonl01..." has no permissions granted, and is not able to save the indexes.

To solve this issue ensure that the user root@sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com is included in the Administrator's list of NetWorker server.

You can do it from NMC or by command line.

Command line:

nsraddadmin -u "host=sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com,user=root"

From NMC you can just go to Configuration->User Groups->Double click on "Administrators" and add in theright field root@sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com

Thank you.

Carlos.

Bebo2k
3 Zinc

Seems that you have a communication issue , ( IP and naming resolutions problem ) , try to double check firstly that the communication between those two server are perfect, if it is like that. you have to to add in users field, through NMC, in administrators list user=root,host=sonl01bkp002.global.aes.com as mentioned by CarlosRojas.

Also be aware that upgrading to supported version is very important, you have to plan for that soon.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

0 Kudos
ble1
7 Thorium

In the past issue like this has been seen where certain Linux clients would have name in /etc/hosts listed under 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost.  In that case index of that linux client would go under name of the backup server and would create pretty much a mess. Your issue does reassemble something like that.  Otherwise it is some name resolution issue (though what I said is name resolution issue too).

0 Kudos
DavidHampson-rY
3 Argentum

Check your /nsr/res/servers file has an entry for the backup server.

0 Kudos