Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2009 05:00

How to read daemon.raw

Hi guys,

I am new to Networker, I am facing problemw with my backup server.
So as a first step to solve the problem read the log file, when I open the daemon.raw file I can not read it.

Would you please help with that?

Many thanks

24 Posts

May 24th, 2009 09:00

you should first convert the daemon.raw file to daemon.log using the following command
nsr_render_log -mepathy daemn.raw > daemon.log

after this you will be able to read the log file as normal txt file

75 Posts

May 24th, 2009 11:00

You need to run nsr_render_log command to render the daemon.raw (or other .raw files such as nsrxchsv.raw, nsrsqlsv.raw, etc...). This is a very versatile command with lots of opentions for example you can run:
nsr_render_log -S "May 20 13:15" -E "May 22 20:45" daemon.raw > daemon.txt
-S is for start time and -E for end time.
you can use -S today to get just the transactions for today. Please check the Command Reference Guide as there are several other usrful options.

Regards...

132 Posts

May 24th, 2009 22:00

Hi guys,

When I run this command:

nsr_render_log -mepathy daemon.raw > daemon.log

I get nothing, what should happen?

May 24th, 2009 22:00

Run through command line
nsr_render_log -mepathy daemon.raw > daemon.log

Then read daemon.log

132 Posts

May 24th, 2009 23:00

Yes, I works.Thank you so much guys.
Last question about the logs, Is there any specaial things that I need to take into consideration when I read the log files.

24 Posts

May 24th, 2009 23:00

run the command from command line from the directory /nsr/logs . It will create a file with the name daemon.log. You need to open this file in word pad

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 25th, 2009 04:00

More you know about NW it is easier to read it. For example, you may get some messages inside which might indicate error and in real life you could ignore them. Simply start following it up and soon you will get the feeling.
No Events found!