Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2012 11:00

I just need to manually inventory and possibly recover one tape

We have a Backup system that consists Networker Software and a Quantum Scalar 1500 Tape Drive.  It is on older system that we have ttried to maintain without a support contract....The scalar has some problems picker arm.  We also had some issues with our software (Networker 7.4)  We were able to upgrade that to Networker Console 7.6.3 Build 840  that ships with Networker version 7.6.3.0 Build 840...It picks up the the Libary I can see the LTO Ultrium  3(1)  No remember I just want to inventory one tape. I have sutdown the system and manuall loaded 2 tapes.   I don't need to label all 36...  I have a 5 U configuration.I ran the nsrjb -I command and I received 39078:nsrjb:ZRAP error : No Jukeboxes are currently useable.  Which is funny cause all I want to be is a jukebox hero.  When I go to Library Operations everything is grayed out.  I suspect that I have to label?  I have a 2 barcoded tapes in the Drives....In fact every command in Devices is grayed out...

9 Posts

May 23rd, 2012 14:00

We found out how to get the Auto Changer working  But I am still getting the Error No jukeboxes are useable.  Complete error is 39078:nsrjb: RAP error no jukeboxes are useable.

1.7K Posts

May 24th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Is that a new environment? I don't really understand what you mean, anyway you need to ensure that the library is correctly configured, enabled and licensed. Failure to meet any of these points will result in that kind of error messages.

Can you see the library in NMC? If so, what option do you have?

I think this is a configuration issue, but the most important point is:

DO NOT LABEL ANY TAPE

If you do so then you will erase any data within the tapes, and I don't think that is what you really want.

If you have lost the configuration for any reason, you need to reconfigure the library and then one library is configured you can run the inventory.

If you have also lost the Media DB then you will need to scan all the tapes in so they are back in the MDB and then you can restore and browse the content of those tape.

Anyway always helps to have a support contract

Thank you.

Carlos.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

May 28th, 2012 04:00

AZ_Grizzly wrote:

We found out how to get the Auto Changer working  But I am still getting the Error No jukeboxes are useable.  Complete error is 39078:nsrjb: RAP error no jukeboxes are useable.

You might have robotic running on different address. Configuration in NW might reflect older state so current one might be out of sync.

If you do nsrjb -V on CLI you will see what is current control path configured in NW. Verify that against inquire -cl output. Second, it might be that library is just disabled in NW and needs to be enabled (but verify path first).

No Events found!