Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2015 10:00

I would like to know how I can make Backup and Recovery with VMware with EMC Networker.

hello,

I would like to know how I can make Backup and Recovery with VMware with EMC Networker.

The idea is to make backup applications that are running in virtual machines and can restore them on the same virtual or physical equipment, and have seen in the PDF that is possible but I have not seen how serious this possible step by step.

Thank You.

268 Posts

February 26th, 2015 01:00

Are you referring to backup an application installed on virtual machine? Like sql, exhange, oracle etc on virtual machine.

If so, then you should install respective NetWorker module and backup as normal client.

4 Operator

• 

1.3K Posts

February 26th, 2015 01:00

Virtual machines can be backed up using 2 methods. one as an virtual image the second is as a normal client. IF you could provide more details on your requirement, we could help you with more details.

March 14th, 2015 06:00

Hello,

I am looking for the same requirement and I browsed several documents given to me by EMC such as (NetWorker-8.2-SP1-VMware-Integration-Guide). You need to specify what is your networker server version and what is the OS. If you reached any finding please share with me because I am also looking for the same. What I know that you need also to build  a proxy server which will take care of the backup and load.

Fadi

No Events found!