JohanRM
2 Iron

Install Networker client on Centos7

Hi,

I try to install networker client V 8.2.1-1on a Centos 7 Linux server. GLIBC is installed as you can see in the attachment. But the installation of lgtclnt fails on dependencies on GLIBC stuff.

All ideas are welcome.

20160928_083159.jpg

Best regards,

Johan

0 Kudos
5 Replies
bingo.1
4 Beryllium

Re: Install Networker client on Centos7

Make sure that you have internet connection, use 'yum' and all necessary packages will automatically be downloaded and installed.

0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

the 64-bit version is installed, please try to install the 32-bit Version: glibc-2.17-106.el7.i686.rpm.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
mkeil
2 Iron

Hi,

have you tried to install it with yum?

I don't know if all the dependencies above are GLIBC components (libm.so.6 for example).

You can check all dependencies with yum deplist package.rpm

Yum will also install all necessary dependencies:

yum localinstall --nogpgcheck package.rpm

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos

Hi bingo,

sometimes the yum approach can't be used.

1. Sometimes no internet connectivity is possible/available.
  2. yum might install the latest 32-bit glibc package and afterwards upgrade the 64-bit version to the same release as the 32-bit glibc package. this is fine in any lab / test environment. But often not allowed in productive environments.

Regards

Michael

0 Kudos
ble1
6 Indium

Compatibility guide states following:

Centos Support - Note that RPM based distributions based on a 2.6 kernel and having a glibc of 2.3.3 and higher shall be supported

It is also easily possible that i686 package is needed - I normally have local yum server and it takes care of these things (but do not run CentOS to see what exactly is needed as in your case).

0 Kudos