Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 13th, 2016 10:00

Issue Creating a Client on Networker Server

Good day all!

I've recently been tasked with re-evaluating and re-creating a number of our backup systems, including our Networker Backups. In the course of this re-evaluation, I've had to recreate a number of clients due to negligence on the part of my predecessor. I've had no issues with that - until now.

We have a server (Windows Server 2012) that will not allow me to create a client using the Wizard. I continually get a "Server Rejected Credentials" error every time. I can create the client manually, and the backup will start, but the save sets all fail with unhelpful error listings (such as "Internal Error"). Below are the steps I've completed to attempt a resolution:

• Delete Peer information
    • Deleted NSR Peer Information on both the Client and Server - no change
  • Stop Networker Services on Client, and delete nsrlabd folder
    • No change
  • Uninstall/Reinstall current NMM/Networker User Version on Client
    • No change
  • Update NMM/Networker User Version on Client
    • Updated to 8.2 - no change
  • Auth Method Update
    • Both Client and Server are on the same Auth Method; Strong Auth disabled - No Change

As a note, the only special application on the server in question is MSSQL. I simply need to be able to backup the filesystem and the SQL Databases.

Any help would be appreciated!

September 13th, 2016 14:00

I knew I forgot something in the OP; that was another of the Troubleshooting Steps I followed. Both of the relevant servers are listed in that file.

Alright; update. Changing the pre-existing client's save sets manually (attempting to browse save sets gets the same error) allowed the Filesystem to be backup up. Now, I'm running into an error with the NMM SQL Backups. When the backup runs, the server recognized the APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter\$SQLSERVERNAME$\ savesets. However, they all fail with:

APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter\$SQLSERVERNAME$: Backup of [APPLICATIONS:\SqlServerWriter\$SQLSERVERNAME$] failed.. Operation unit failed with error Backup failed while creating coversave. There is no pool named `-x'.. Please make sure you have configured at least one NetWorker Device and client resources are configured for the application host [$SQLSERVERNAME$.$domain$.com] and the Mount Host [$SQLSERVERNAME$.$domain$.com] on NetWorker Server [$NW_Server$.$domain$.com].

There is nothing in the client or group setup that involves a pool named '-x'......

2.4K Posts

If the server rejects the credentials, it can be reached and he can answer.

In this case do the following on the client ...

- stop the NW service

- edit the ..\nsr\res\servers file so that the correct NW server(s) will be listed

- restart the service

Try to re-configure it.

2.4K Posts

September 14th, 2016 04:00

May I suggest that you recursively search all files in your ..\nsr\nsrdb folder for this string.

Example:   findstr /I /S /C:"-x" ...\nsr\res\nsrdb

This should point you to the appropriate resource file you need to verify.

September 16th, 2016 08:00

Thanks! But that wasn't the issue. I managed to resolve the problem by specifying the backup pool in the backup command field within the client setup. It has been backing up without issue since then.

2.4K Posts

September 16th, 2016 14:00

Congrats for solving the issue although it does not seems to be a logical issue.

And do not forget to exclude the active SQL directories/volumes.

No Events found!