Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 24th, 2010 03:00

Max Sessions, Target session from command line?

Hello,

I configure a DataDomain VTL with 120 Drives.

If I want to set max sessions, target sessions, idle device timeout from the gui,but it was very

uncomfortable,

Are there any possibility to set this values from command line?

And how can I set this values?

In the NSR resource, increase the nsrmmd polling interval to at least 15 and the restart interval to at
least 10.

Both questions are from the DD and Networker Best Practices.

Regards

Zoltan

445 Posts

March 24th, 2010 05:00

Zoltan,

It 's update not edit you use. So from your example you would be amending any device in jukebox called STK@4.3.0,: -

print type: NSR device ; parent jukebox :STK@4.3.0

. <-- sets the query for the update

update target sessions 1; max sessions: 4

This would change the target sessions from the default of 4 to 1 and max sessions from default of 512 to 4

then you should be prompted for each device within the jukebox to answer "Y" to confirm the update

Bill Mason

445 Posts

March 24th, 2010 03:00

Zoltan,

You can change any parameter setting with the nsradmin command for the jukebox, devices etc - but if you were uncomfortable doing this via the GUI, I don't think you will attempt this via nsradmin. It’s a very powerful command and you really need to know what you are doing or test out the commands on a test server first to ensure you update only what you need to. This means you have to get the query right or you could update other jukeboxes, devices, clients etc when you do not mean to.

I am intrigued as to why the GUI made you feel this way - these are simple changes to each parameter and then save in the GUI - no need to stop services/software etc?

Regards,

Bill Mason

25 Posts

March 24th, 2010 04:00

Hello,

my opinion is, from the GUI is very uncomfortable. You have to click on every drives, then advanced tab and so on... it is more than 300 click on

more than hundred devices. You cannot check the devices, from one interface, If I miss one device, I will never find it again, and

it will ruin the dedup, this is dangerous.

Only way nsradmin, but is it supported way?

Regards

Zoltan

25 Posts

March 24th, 2010 04:00

Hello,

I got the list by the command:

print type: NSR device ; parent jukebox :STK@4.3.0 ;target sessions ; max sessions : 4

this should be edited to max sessions :1

But if I try

edit command it said:

External editors are not yet supported
edit operation failed.

How could I edit this settings?

I am working on Windows.

Regards

Zoltan

25 Posts

March 24th, 2010 05:00

Hello,

Thanky you very much. I tried update, but I didn't get to work because I missed the point (.) !

Regards

Zoltan

No Events found!