Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 30th, 2017 23:00

NMC 9.1.1.4 not showing latest group status or success

hi all,

since I upgraded from NW 8.2.1 to 9.1.1.4 I cannot see the latest status of the backup policies in the monitoring tab of the backupserver.

the behaviour is quite identic with the one in KB https://support.emc.com/kb/503523

but the firewall port 5672 cannot be the problem.

I already restarted NMC and NMC Server which is a separate server

I also restarted the Backupserver and removed /tmp and the jobsdb

All Servers are windows systems.

policies show an old state (they keep an old date) but the backups are running as scheduled.

also policies show as "never run" although they do run.

is it possible that there is a fix for that issue maybe in 9.1.1.5 ??

thanks for help
regards

Dominic

December 4th, 2017 06:00

just found KB  https://support.emc.com/kb/497671

it exactly shows the symptoms of my installation but with an older version.

is it possible that this bug still/again exists in 9.1.1.4 ?

thank you

Dominic

2.4K Posts

December 4th, 2017 07:00

I upgraded from NW 9.1.1.3 to 9.1.1.5 recently and also got scared because of the 'never run' policies. In our data zone, it takes something between 30-45mins until all info will re-appear. My personal guess:

- all client index checks must have run and

- at least one workflow must have run. At the end of the worflow the screen will be re-synched.

December 4th, 2017 10:00

Just download difference between 9.x and previous release . It has all the information. Even it is clearly stated after you upgrade networker server from 8.x to 9.x , all policies, workflows and actions will report as status never run . The reason being nsrjobdb used in earlier versions is not compatible with 9.x . Upgrade process renames jobsdb rather and uses new jobsdb .

December 5th, 2017 03:00

I know that initially the "never run" status is set per default.

I also have the new jobsdb which was created successfully after migration.

but even after several backups (manually and per schedule) the view is not up to date so the icon does not change for a running or a succeeded backup.

the backup itself is working.

so

- policy icon -> outdated/wrong

- workflow icon -> outdated/wrong

when I right click into the workflow    "show details" I have the last runs of workflow and actions correctly displayed.

December 5th, 2017 03:00

I think in ur case everything is under single policy called backup . Networker 9 has higher resources requirements like memory . Best practice is at leat 25% memory allocated to java heap . Otherwise nmc becomes sluggish. So what you could do is to create multiple policies like back1, back2 and so on and move workflow to them . This way networker will not have to process single policy with 100,s of workflow .

Hope this helps

December 5th, 2017 04:00

I increased the heap space now from 1024 to 2048M (server has 8GB ram), lets see if that changes something.

I also added a picture to visualize the problem.

the policy test with workflow1 is fresh created on NMC GUI.

it is started manually, is running. but the running state is only visible in the workflow details and not on the monitoring tab.

Image_444.png

January 2nd, 2018 05:00

still having the issues from https://support.emc.com/kb/497671

on version 9.1.1.5

- Frequently throws 'Out of memory' error

- Wokflow started (view log section) but nothing on Clone sessions and workflow has ‘never run’ status

- Sometimes 'Show details' gives 'Error' pop-or 'No details are available yet for this Action' pop-up

heap space already increased, caches on my NMC client (my PC) cleared.

2.4K Posts

January 2nd, 2018 08:00

Why do you mention cloning - this workflow obviously does not clone at all.

And of course the save sets must have been finished as prerequisite for a clone job.

Monitor the activities with nsrwatch and verify whether the output is the same. I doubt it.

Also I think that 8GB is to less RAM in general.

48 Posts

June 22nd, 2018 08:00

Hi all,

I have the same problem on a NetWorker server running v9.2.1.1.

The NMC and NetWorker server are running on the same physical machine.

I have all my workflows (appr. 20) under the Policy "Backup". There is no firewall in my environment at all.

Every now and then, workflows are marked as "never run". After a fresh reboot of the NetWorker services, the latest data is displayed correctly.

What can I do to fix the problem?

Cheers,

beacon

1 Message

June 27th, 2018 06:00

Hello Guys,

I have the same issue. We have 30+ server, one central NMC. Some of the servers are showing correctly, some are not. If you open the GUI directly from the backup server, it works fine.

It's NW 9.2.1.1, all windows environment.

-Istvan

58 Posts

November 20th, 2018 05:00

Hi, how did you increase the java heap size?

Carl

5 Posts

December 9th, 2018 00:00

we are using 9.2.1.5 NW and NMC version. i am also facing the same issue.

445 Posts

December 10th, 2018 03:00

Hello Mohammed,

If you do not already have a Support SR open with DELL EMC I would suggest you open one and request hot fixes from the following escalations which should be applied on to of 9.2.1.5: -

Esc 33355

Esc 33120

These two hot fixes should be included in later Cumulative releases but did not make into 9.2.1.5.

Regards

Bill

December 12th, 2018 00:00

I updated several servers and NMC now to 9.2.2.0.

till today the console is running fine and without any issues regarding correctness or showing wrong symbols.

17 Posts

July 16th, 2019 06:00

This can be fixed by increasing  the value of Java heap size

No Events found!