Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 5th, 2014 00:00

NMM Configuration for Microsoft SBS for multiple backups

Hi Community !

I’m having hard time on NMM Configuration on Microsoft windows SBS (Small Business Server 20008) where I got AD, Exchange SQL and Files on the Same Box. Issue is that once I got installed NMM (3.0) and configured backup for one module I will not have option to run exchange/SQL configuration wizards. I’m not quite sure whether EMC got separate Modules for SBS which I’ve not found so far. Please help me with any valuable thoughts/Docs.

BR

Dinusha

1.7K Posts

June 11th, 2014 07:00

By the way,

Taking a look at the EMC® NetWorker® Module for Microsoft for Exchange Server VSS

Unsupported configurations

The following section describes unsupported configurations:

Windows Small Business Server not supported

NMM does not support backup and recovery of Windows Small Business Server.

Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server installations on same machine not supported

NMM does not support Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SharePoint Server installed on the same machine. Microsoft does not support this configuration. Instead, Microsoft best practices recommend that you install these roles on separate machines.

So looks like it is not supported.

Thank you,

Carlos

2.4K Posts

June 5th, 2014 01:00

Just had a brief look at the Compatibility Guide and it is not listed as to be supported. So even if you will get it to work, i do not think it is a good idea to run it in a production environment.

52 Posts

June 5th, 2014 02:00

Hi Bingo,

If I got it correctly NW should support all versions of Windows Server 2008. Right?

Regards,

Dinusha

1 Attachment

2.4K Posts

June 5th, 2014 05:00

Unfortunately, I see it the opposite way. But i cannot prove it.

52 Posts

Hi Carlos,

Many Thanks! I was going through hard time with no good Information that I could rely on. Now I can change my directions.

By the way hope I could download EMC® NetWorker® Module for Microsoft for Exchange Server VSS from the EMC Portal.

Regards,

Dinusha

1.7K Posts

Hi Dinusha,

First of all AFAIK it is not recommended even by Microsoft to have all those applications running on a single server.

Having this said, I believe you are facing an issue where the application client wizard didn't get registered properly.

Please open a command prompt (Run as Admin) and navigate to the bin folder of NetWorker, by default:

C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin

I'm attaching screenshot of all the binaries that need to be registered in order to use the client wizard.

Once you are within the bin folder in command prompt, run all those commands with the -i flag.

Example:

C:\Program Files\EMC NetWorker\nsr\bin> nsrnmmexchra -i

This command will give you the option to select Exchange configurations during the client wizard process.

This will register the RemoteAgent option on the client.

The name of these binaries stands for:

nsrnmmexchra: NSR NMM Exchange RemoteAgent, and with the -i option you will register it. You can also unregister it with the -u option.

Thank you,

Carlos

1.7K Posts

Hi Dinusha,

Yes, you can download the NMM 3.0.1 Documentation portfolio and there you will find all documents, including EMC® NetWorker® Module for Microsoft for Exchange Server VSS.

Thank you,

Carlos

No Events found!