Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2017 03:00

Need Basic information about VM Configuration Environment

Hello All

Currently we are using Networker Server version 8.2.4.2 & VBA version as 1.1.3.7. We are having approximately 1300 VMs in our environment and these were shared across different regions.

One Networker server is located in US, and it has nearly 800 VM clients configured for backups. We have 5 VBAs & 7 Proxy servers were deployed.

1. I would like to know what will be the best practices for VM configurations?

2. Is there any maximum count that we can include in each VM protection policy?

3. What are the recommendations that we need to implement before configuring the VMs?

4. Most of the times we are experiencing VBA and proxy related issues, due to which backups were not running as expected. Please suggest what is the most stable version of Networker,VBA,or Proxys to run VM backups.

14.3K Posts

March 21st, 2017 08:00

I will be honest and say I don't use VBA as I always found that to involve additional level of complexity which might have been bypassed somehow.  That, at the end, happened in NW 9.1.  While it is fresh, my recommendation would be to investigate it and perhaps rollout test server (you will need to upgrade soon or later and I still think it might be better to replace old server with new one than upgrade as big bang with so many changes was never my thing).  With new deployment, you can also test new way of doing a backup.

No Events found!