Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 26th, 2012 02:00

NetWorker - Automatic Staging fails due to corrupt SSID

Hi All,

We have big issues with NetWorker and automatic staging. The Backup to disk area was running full to 100% and the staging is failing because it seems to have some missing SSID´s

Here is the output of the daemon.raw logfile:

Unable to render the following message: 39077:nsrstage: error,   Could not locate ssid 1633140683 in snodes

Unable to render the following message: 39077:nsrstage: error, Failed to add the volume for clone instance 1331158340 of ssid 1633140683 to the volume list.

When we run a mminfo against the SSID above, we can see that is existing in the specied pool.

Anybody had this issue already?

Thanks for support and regards,

Andreas

43 Posts

March 15th, 2013 02:00

Dear All,

We were able to find the root cause for this issue and the problem was related to NMM backups on adv_file type devices.

There seems to be some code miss match in the current networker 7.6.4.x release as we did some tests with an old nsrstage binary from version 7.6.3.7 and everything was working fine. Support provided a patched nsrstage binary for this issue.

If anyone else is facing the same issue i would recommend you to open a service request for this in order to get the hotfix.

Thank you all for help.

Regards,

Andreas

544 Posts

March 26th, 2012 02:00

Hi Andreas,

Did you tried to run the staging via the command line manually ? What is the output of running the folloiwng command:

nsrstage -vvvvv -b POOLNAME -s BACKUPSERVER -m -S SSID

What is the status of ssflags for this saveset from mminfo ?

If you have more messages in the daemon.raw for this specific saveset, please provide it, mainly seems to be corrupted one, but i need to make sure by other messages if there any.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

1.7K Posts

March 26th, 2012 03:00

Hi Andreas,

What are the flags for that saveset? Is it suspect?

Maybe that saveset is not in the correct status, take a look at the following KB's:

https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg60292

https://solutions.emc.com/emcsolutionview.asp?id=esg113711

Thank you.

Carlos.

43 Posts

Hi All,

When we run the staging manually we get the same error for a SSID. We deleted the SSID which was causing the issue with staging but then we get the same error with a different SSID.

When running "mminfo -avot -q ssid=1633140683 -r ssflags"

We get "cb" for all named Save Sets. Complete/Browseable

We´ve already opened a Support Case.

Regards,

Andreas

1.7K Posts

Hi Andreas,

Can you add the query "attrs" for the saveset? this will provide some more info.

Also try to add the "suspect" to check whether that particular saveset is suspect or not (the one that is now failing after removing the previous one).

Thank you.

Carlos.

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 10th, 2012 00:00

Hi Andreas

Did you find the solution to this problem?

/Tommy

1 Rookie

• 

20 Posts

July 10th, 2012 01:00

Thank you.

I will try this solution.

I won't hijack this post, just wanted to hear if Andreas got an answer to hes problem.

/Tommy

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

July 10th, 2012 01:00

I think if I would get the same error, I would first check what is the long ssid name and then lookup that name on file system where AFTD is.  In other words, I want to check and make sure that my saveset is still where it is supposed to be (disk). If it is not - then I have a data loss. Alternative to that is that ssid is moved, but for some reason this move was not acked back to parent process and now I have data on tape or any other second location, but staging process is still trying to move it from old source and database is not being updated.  In both cases, I would collect info, try to come up with as many proofs I can and open a ticket with support.

No Events found!