Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

May 15th, 2010 07:00

NetWorker Server Can't Select Save Set

Hello Everyone

please help me

I have a problem when pressing the browse button to choose "save set" for any client. I get the error "Unable to connect to host. Please check your Networker security setting and daemon logs on the Networker client and server console for more details."

Environment:

Networker version: 7.6 Fast Start
Operating System: Red Hat Linux 5.5

I have tried this way:

Try the following:

Open a cmd prompt, and run:

nsradmin -p nsrexec

nsradmin> show auth methods

nsradmin> print type: nsrla

auth methods: "0.0.0.0/0,nsrauth/oldauth"; (make sure nsrauth is on)

nsradmin> show

nsradmin> delete type: nsr peer information

::::::

-----END CERTIFICATE-----";
Delete? y
nsradmin> quit

restart NetWorker client services

But it does not work, too!

Please help me!

Thanks a lot

87 Posts

May 15th, 2010 08:00

Hello,

You can directly specify the saveset and the backup is run independently so that I can not satisfactory brower the saveset from the console

Regards,

39 Posts

May 16th, 2010 04:00

Yes , I have  also tried but its doesnt work so gud mention the saveset in manually.

736 Posts

May 17th, 2010 04:00

Hi,

So when you put the saveset in manually, it doesn't work either?  Does this happen for just one client?  You will need to check the connection between these two machines.  Check that name resolution is ok and that the networker processes are running on the server and client.  Run a save of a small file in debug mode from the client and it should give you a more precise error information - 'save -vvvvv -D9 /usr/testfile > test_backup 2>&1'

-Bobby

22 Posts

May 18th, 2010 00:00

Hi,

Try deleting the clients NSR peer information from the NW server as well.

nsradmin -p nsrexec

nsradmin> p type : NSR peer information ; name : client_name ( first try with fdqn & then with shortname of the client  ).

nsradmin> delete

Delete? y
nsradmin> quit

Then restart NW services on the client end.

HTH

Hari Prakash.

2 Intern

• 

14.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2010 02:00

The machine from which you are doing this should be the client which I expect it is.  Further, make sure that username you use on that machine is listed on admin list.  If you are doing this from server itself, try this operation as root.

No Events found!