Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2009 03:00

Networker 7.5SP1_RHEL5x86: NMC unable to detect JRE though it is installed.

I am a newbee in Networker. I have installed Networker Server 7.5 SP1, Networker Management Console in RHEL5x86. By default jre 1.4 was installed but I had installed jre 1.6.0_16 32-bit (as in the installation guide).

After the installation when I tried to run nmc from firefox browser then a warning message shows: "Warning: Unable to detect Java Runtime Environment". A supported version of JavaTM Runtime Environment (JRETM) cannot be detected on this host. The JRE must be installed in order to run NetWorker Management Console. However, if you already installed required JRE version, click here to start NetWorker Management Console.

When I click on "here" then gconsole.jnlp got downloaded but nothing happens.

I made jre 1.6.0_16 as default by following this: ttp://www.64bitjungle.com/ubuntu/install-java-jre-160-update-x-on-hardy-as-the-default-java-runtime/ before installing Networker server.

Please help me to resolve the issue.

October 26th, 2009 06:00

Anyone, please help me resolving the issue.

253 Posts

October 27th, 2009 06:00

What OS did you install the NMC on?
I had the same problem with the NMC trying to install it on AIX.
I ended up giving up and installing it on a Windows 2003 server.

14.3K Posts

October 27th, 2009 06:00

I had issue like that with older NMC and 64bit systems. After doing uninstall (not upgrade) of both NMC and java and fresh install problem was gone. I did find that there was certain issue with java and 64 bit systems, but the trick I did worked for me.

65 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 02:00

i have same issue with server 2008 and NMC version 8.0. Anyone know fix for this.

544 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 03:00

Hi Rama_Singh,

Please open a new thread with your issue in details providing the OS version , NMC version and Java version installed. Also please provide any error messages recieved when you are trying to open the NMC so that we can help you more.

Please open a new thread with these details.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

65 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 04:00

Hi Ahmed,

It's working with mozilla, Not sure what's the problem with IE..........

544 Posts

October 23rd, 2012 05:00

may be clearing temporary internet files could solve the issue , if not please open a new thread with these details and specify what happenes when you try to open it via IE.

Thanks,

Ahmed Bahaa

No Events found!