Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 9th, 2012 15:00

Networker 8 Docs

Hi All

In 7.6.2, have seen that incr with native Celerra dedupe not supported to be FDR-ed. Only Full. Can this be clarified in Networker8? Or, was it fixed in 8 by allowing incr backup of native deduped to be FDR-ed? Thanks

vbb backup considerations

Consider the following when backing up an EMC Celerra by using block-level backup:

◆ EMC Celerra DART version 5.5 and later is supported.

◆ Configure checkpoint file systems on the EMC Celerra using the checkpoint

configuration utility prior to configuring the backup.

◆ Recoveries of a Celerra block-level backup is file-by-file. As a result, disk space in the

root directory of the target filesystem is required to store temporary files that are

needed during the recover. The amount of disk space that is required depends on the

number files that are being recovered.

◆ Index-based recoveries of a Celerra block level to the same volume or another location

is supported.

◆ Save set recoveries and NDMP Directory Restores of a Celerra block-level backups are

file-by-file recoveries when recovered to an existing file system.

◆ Full save set recoveries of a Celerra block-level backup are performed by using a Full

Destructive Restore (FDR) to a raw volume of equal or greater size than the backup.

Celerra block-level backups of a volume with native Celerra deduplication enabled is

only possible by using FDR. Index-based or save set and NDMP Directory Restore

using save set recovery, to an existing volume, is not supported.

42 Posts

July 10th, 2012 12:00

Hi Thierry,

I've checked and the limitation still exists but from what I understand, this is by design (on the Celerra).

I've updated the NDMP chapter to reflect this limitation.

Thanks!

Debbie

42 Posts

July 10th, 2012 07:00

Hello Thierry,

I will find out and let you know.

Debbie

23 Posts

July 10th, 2012 09:00

Hello,

I want  to also note that the NetWorker 8.0 documentation can now be found on PowerLink.

Deanna

No Events found!