Go to Solution

August 21st, 2017 07:00

Networker 9.1.0.6 V-Proxy Backup UUID Query

Hello,

Our environment:

Networker server version: 9.1.0.6, Windows 2012

V-Proxy version: 2.0.0-12

ESX version: 5.5

We are experiencing a strange issue with our VM backups - policies are reporting themselves as failed with the below error:

Unable to find selected VM work item with UUID "UUID" in vCenter, the work item will be skipped.

No VM name is specified. Interestingly, all virtual machines that are provisioned to the failing workflows are reporting as being successfully backed up, so we don't appear to be losing any backup coverage.

These UUID changes are the result of on-going VM migrations being conducted by another team.

Is there a way to update the VM inventory on Networker so that the new UUIDs are reflected? We've seen this issue with our previous backup solution, and were able to run a command to update the client's UUID - I assume there is an equivalent here?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Ben.

5 Posts

August 24th, 2017 01:00

Hi again,

We managed to resolve this in the end, so in the event that anyone is seeing the same issue, follow the below:

Cause: The virtual machine that was protected by the VMware Protection Policy has been deleted from the vCenter inventory. The NetWorker nsrdb database stores the virtual machine by UUID and performs a lookup of the virtual machine at the start of the backup workflow.

Resolution: This behaviour is by design. The nsrpolicy command line utility can be used to update the group that's assigned to the failing policy:

nsrpolicy group update vmware -g *GROUP_NAME* -O "UUID"

Thanks.

Ben.

5 Posts

March 19th, 2018 19:00

Thank you for sharing this. It was annoying me for a while that our VM backup policy was failing but I couldn't see which VM had failed. This works perfectly.

No Events found!